Chapter Eight

SAM

Slamming the laptop shut and saying “I need a break”

Nova looked at Sam and smiled “Does Dean always do this?”

“No...” Then Sam thought of all the times he was left alone to do research and Dean went out. “Well most of the time, but he'll help out once in a while”

“Where is he” She said looking at the clock on the motel wall.

“Probably at a bar..or getting a cheese burger” Sam said and lifted his hands to his eye and rubbed on the to relive the pain that was bouncing on his temples. He saw Nova get up and walk over to her bag. When she turned around she through a pill bottle at him. It was white and it did not a have a label on it.

“What are they?”

“They are for bad head pain and what not.” He said without a care in the world.

“And what not?” Sam said and looked at her. She was playing with a piece of her hair and looking back at him. “Aren't you a little young for these?”

“I take it when I can't block the angles out. It helps with the pain and sometimes sleep” She said and looked down at the floor. “I need to get more soon”

“Where do you get then?” Sam asked and she looked at him with big hazel eyes. Sam sat the bottle down and waited for an answer. She slowly walked over and sat down across him.

“A friend of mine”

“Thought you did not have friends” Sam stated playfully. She light cocked her head to the side and come back with.

“I have you. Right?”

Sam could feel the smile growing on his face and looked up at the girl. He picked up the bottle and really thought about it, but knew she needed them more then he did. He handed the bottle and she went to grab them out of his hand. There hands might have touched for a second or two before she jerked back. The bottle fell out of her hands and pills split all over the floor. They both bent down to pick them up, but Sam stopped half way through. She swiftly picked up the pills and when she looked up at Sam she was smiling. Their eye just happen to meet, and Sam lost it. He knew that Dean was right about his attraction to her, and they he would me very mad if he made a move on her. But he did not care. For the first time in a long time he did not care about what was happening around him, he was just care about himself and what he felt.

“I am not going to hurt you” Sam said and found himself drawn to her lips. He was about to make a move when someone knocked at the door. He jumped a little, then was upset about the fact Nova was already on her feet and putting the pills away. He walked over to the door, but before opening it she pulled out a gun; hiding it behind the wall. She opened the door to a shot man with a pizza in his hands. Sam pulled out twenty and gave it to the boy. As he carried the pizza into the room Nova cleaned off the table and when she looked at her Sam smiled.

“So the angles, you always here them?”

“Yeah” She said and sat down.

“They never stop?” Sam asked walking over to the mini refrigerator

“Well...They did once” She said and grabbed a piece of pizza.

San also took a piece and gave her a beer. “Oh? When?”

She slowly at her pizza, and shrugged. “A couple weeks before I met Dean”

“Why?” Sam asked. She shrugged again and looked away.

Sam looked at he and squinted his eyes “Are you not telling me something?”

“If I answer your question, will you at lest answer one of my?” She said and took a drink of her beet