It'll never happen (a Pernico/Percico fanfiction)

well hello there. please excuse my typos, for I am too lazy to fix them.
I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE PJO OR HoO CHARACTERS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                                                       Percy

     It has been three weeks since the Seven have defeated Gaea and her earthborn. A peaceful three weeks. Percy actually felt safe. Away from the monsters, away from the nightmares. Here at Camp Half-Blood, Percy was happy. He could just relax and spend time with his friends, with no worries at all. Frank and Hazel went back to Camp Jupiter along with Reyna and Octavian, Jason and Piper are still going strong, Leo was having a great time with his siblings in Cabin Nine, Nico's in his own little world, and Annabeth, well, Percy was starting to have second thoughts on their relationship.

     Annabeth has been acting weird lately. It made Percy feel like she was uncomfortable being around him. He asked her several times if anything was wrong, but she says that she's fine. Completely fine. But he didn't fully believe her. Ever since they've escaped Tartarus, that's when she started acting up. Maybe some of the toxic fumes stayed in her brain, or maybe she was still devastated about their last encounter with Iapetus (a.k.a Bob). Whatever it was, Percy wanted to find out. He wanted to know what was bothering her, maybe help her out.

     "Hey, Percy! You in there!!" Grover banged on Percy's cabin door.

     "Yeah, just a second!" He called out, getting out of bed. "Or maybe five minutes!" He opened his curtains, letting the morning light flood into his cabin.

     "Well hurry up, man! Or all the waffles will be gone!"

     "The waffles can wait!" Percy said with his toothbrush in his mouth while he pulled up his jeans. He took one last look in the mirror, brushed his hand through his hair, and opened the front door.

     Grover was tapping his hoof on the ground, "...is it No-Shirt Sunday or something?" He asked.

     Percy sighed and went back inside to grab a navy blue v-neck and threw it over his shoulder. He walked out to meet Grover, who was looking over at the Aphrodite cabin.

     "Are you going to put the shirt on?"

     "Eh, later." Percy said.

      They started walking over to the Mess Hall as the sun beamed down from the East. Percy caught a few daughters of Aphrodite staring at him. He smirked and threw his hands overhead, flexing his back, to put his shirt on. They giggled and carried on with their previous conversation.

     "You have a girlfriend, you know." Grover nagged.

     "Yeah, I know. But it's nice to have little fun once in a while." Percy smiled.

     "No, don't tell me you slept with one of them." Grover said, giving him the look.

     "I didn't sleep with anybody, Grover." Percy replied.

     As they kept walking, a few tree nymphs were posting fliers on light posts and trees.

     "Hey, you going to the Victory Dance?" Grover asked as he read the notice.

     "With Annabeth. You?"

     "I'll probably just go for the food." Grover joked. "But seriously."