Nico (III)

Nico

     Nico woke up in his bed, sitting straight up. How long has he been asleep? He looked over to the clock. It has just been past lunch time. But he didn't care. Like he would eat anything anyway. He stayed in bed for another thirty-or-so minutes, looking up at his ceiling fan. Ever since his last encounter in Dalmatia with Cupid, all he worried about was his secret being spilled all over camp. But Jason promised him that he wouldn't tell anyone. He trusted Jason. At least with his secret.

     He quickly got up, remembering that there was a sword-fighting tournament today. He splashed some water onto his face, and pulled on a black shirt and black jeans. The son of Hades pulled his hair into a pony tail, letting his bangs ever so slightly hang above his eyes. He fastened his Stygian-iron sword over his back, and he decided to leave his aviator jacket because the sun spilled heat all over camp.

     When he reached the Arena, the place still had some leftover balloons on the ground. Everyone was putting on their armor and padding, some were training with the worn-out dummies in the back. Nico walked over to the armory to gather a chestpiece and elbow and knee pads. While he was strapping them on, Percy patted him on his shoulder.

     "Good luck today, Neeks!" He encouraged.

     "You too." He responded. He was blushing, or was it just really hot? He hoped Percy didn't notice.

     Percy walked into the Arena. Nico waited until he was out of sight so then he could walk in.

     "Okay everybody. You know the drill. If I pull your name out of the jar, come to the center of the ring for your match." Chiron called out.

     Everybody sat in their groups, numbered by their cabins. Some chitter-chatters went about, about who would go first, about who would most-likely lose.

     Chiron stuck his hand in the glass jar (what a Hunger Games moment xD) and picked out one name.

     "From the Ares cabin," He called out, as Group Five started to mumble. "Clarisse La Rue!"

     Of course.

     She stood up greatfully and walked over to the center. The crowd whispered, wishing they wouldn't face her. Chiron sorted through the paper slips again and pulled out one slip.

     "From the Hephaestus cabin," He exclaimed. "Leo Valdez!"

     "Aw man!" He said, refusing to get up. His siblings pushed him into the ring.

     Clarisse had a smirk on her face that read "Prepare to face near-death." And Leo had worry on his face that read "Please don't kill me. Please don't kill me." A gunshot went off, and the daughter of Ares charged at poor little Leo. She yelled as he screamed in terror. At the last second, Leo was able to hoist up his sword just in time to slam against hers. His sword went flying out of his hands about ten feet behind him. Everyone knew he was screwed. There was no use, but to surrender. Clarisse ran towards him and pinned Leo to the ground, pointing her sword onto his neck. The arena went quiet.

     "I could kill you right now." She said in between breaths.

     "Enough!" Chiron yelled.

     "But I'm not that mean." She said to Leo, helping him up.

     Leo panted frantically and went back to his group and sat down as his siblings patted his back.

     "Round two!" Chiron recalled, gaining everyone's attention. He stuck his hand into the bowl. "Ah," He said. "Our one and only child of Hades."