Nico (VI)

Nico

     The son of Hades was having trouble sleeping. He tossed and turned, throwing his pillows on the ground. He glanced over at the clock. He squinted his eyes because it was dark, and the room was lit by the dim torch of green fire by the door. It was a quarter past twelve, and the hours went by slowly. Nico sat at the edge of his bed in his boxers, facing the giant open window in front of him. He looked out into the dark landscape and started to get frustrated.

     Nico heard the rumors around camp. He knew that Percy and Annabeth were no longer together. You caused it. A little voice in the back of his head told him. You know it. She probably told Percy and that was it. But let's face it, you'll never be with him. He's straight. It'll never happen. Just don't get your hopes up. You'll never be with Percy Jackson.

     Nico felt silent tears roll down his face. He was happy for the fact that Percy was once again single, but he didn't want it to be his fault. He didn't want to cause anymore problems. But then again, Percy was single, but he knew in his heart that Percy wouldn't feel the same way as Nico felt for him. Percy would never look at Nico the same way he looked at Annabeth. Percy wouldn't do the same things with Nico as he did with Annabeth. Percy would never love Nico as he loved her. There was no use for even dreaming of it. Percy and Nico were just friends, and that's all they'll ever be. Friends.

     Nico clenched fistfuls of his sheets as his jaw tensed up (you know the "jaw thing" that guys do when they're mad xD). His cabin was deadly quiet, until he heard three loud knocks at his door.

     "I know you're in there Nico!" Percy yelled from outside.

     Nico panicked. What was Percy doing here at 12:30 in the morning? Nico quickly got up, pulled on a tank top, and pretended that he had just woken up. He slowly opened his door to just a crack.

     "What do you want?" Nico croaked.

     "We need to talk." Percy pushed the door open, letting himself in.

     A gust of wind blew through the doorway just as Nico shut it behind him. The son of Poseidon walked over to the window and placed his hands on the rim.

     Oh no, Nico thought. He's going to talk about Annabeth and I. I can't do this. I can't explain anything. I need to come up with some lie, quick. But Nico sucked at lying.

     "About?" Nico started to sweat.

     "When I broke up with Annabeth," He looked out of the window. "She mentioned your name, and then she didn't tell me anything more." He looked at Nico with his sea-green eyes that looked even more beautiful in the dim light of the fire. "What happened Nico?"

     "Uh..." Nico said, looking down. Him and Percy were insanely close, closer than ever. Nico looked up to Percy and saw that he was looking back at him. "Um..."

     "I'm listening." Percy said.

     "It's nothing." Nico shrugged, turning around to sit at the edge of his unmade bed.

     "Tell me." Percy demanded with some softness in his tone, sitting close to Nico.

     Nico looked over at Percy, who was looking down at the ground as his jawline tightened.

     "I just..." Nico whispered.

     "You what?" Percy stared back at Nico, melting him internally.

     Nico sighed, "I.."

     Percy waited for an answer.

     Awkward silence flew by.

     Tick.

     Tock.

     Tick.

     Tock.

     Percy was so physically close to Nico, that if he got the nerve, Nico could easily brush his lips against Percy's. How would he react to it? Would he lean in, or would he push him away, telling him he's crazy? Plus, it's a crazy thought. The guy just broke up with his girlfriend.

     "You what?" Percy repeated.

     Nico glared up at the older boy next to him. Within a split second, Nico grabbed Percy's collar and found his lips on his. Percy didn't lean in, nor did he try to pull away. He was still. Nico pulled away, and started to blush.

     "What's happening?" Percy questioned, shutting his eyes and knitting his eyebrows, trying to process what had just happened.

     "Sorry." Nico looked away.

     "No, Nico. Tell me now. What happened between you and Annabeth." He started to get frustrated.

     Nico took in a deep breath. "Okay. So after the match we had, I ran into the woods. And then she followed me. We started talking, and then she kissed me, thinking that I liked her." Nico said. "I pushed her off, because I don't like her. And yeah."

     "Oh..." Percy said quietly, looking down at the cold wooden floor.

     "Sorry." Nico felt uncomfortable now.

     Percy held Nico's face and kissed him. "Don't be. I started losing interest in her anyway." He smiled.

     Nico bit his bottom lip, refusing to smile. But he did.

     "You know, you have a nice smile." Percy complimented.

     Nico pecked his lips. "Shut up."

     "Okay." He smirked, looking into Nico's dark brown eyes, glancing down at his lips, and quickly back up at his eyes.

     This boy. Nico thought. He placed his hand on the back of Percy's neck and leaned in as their lips brushed against each other, and then in sync. As their lips danced together, Nico felt a tingle happening inside him. It felt like magic. Its what he always dreamed of. Percy guided his hands to Nico's waist and pulled him to where he's sitting on his lap as Nico threw his arms around Percy's neck. Their lips continuously moved as one, creating sparks that ignited in the dark. Percy's lips were so soft on Nico's, that they could just melt. Nico felt his heart beating rapidly against Percy's chest, and he moved his hand up from his neck to where he's ever so slightly tugging on Percy's hair.

     "I hate you." Nico rested his forehead on Percy's.

     "Oh please. You love me." He sassed

     "Shut up Jackson." Nico smiled.

     "'Then kiss me, you fool'" He quoted.

     Nico pushed him onto his back and rested on top of him. His lips met Percy's again. He felt guilty, but he didn't care. Nico was happy for once, and he never wanted it to stop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(°_°) woooooooooah. like it? let me know. I'm running out of ideas xc. any suggestions? I'll give credit *thumbs up*
THANKS FOR READINGGGHDSHCHDNAJAJASDDDF