Percy (IV)

Percy

Today, Percy and Grover were the first at breakfast. Grover started freaking out, seeing the full basket of waffles.

"Woah, calm down man." Percy said, laying his hand on the satyr's shoulder.

Grover gave him the death-stare. "No." He said sternly, rushing over to the waffles. By the time he was done gathering his food, not even half of the waffles were left. We sat at our regular table when the rest of the gang joined us.

"Hey." Annabeth greeted him with a kiss.

"Morning." He replied, sticking a cube of honeydew in his mouth. "Is your wrist okay?"

"Yeah. The infirmary gave me plenty of nectar, so the cut is almost gone." She said, rubbing her wrist.

"Good." Percy went back to eating as she went to go gather her food.

"Bro," Grover said as soon as Annabeth was gone. "Something is wrong with her."

Percy almost choked on his water. "Why do you say that?"

"I don't know. I just get this vibe from her that something isn't right. It's a bad vibe. I think it's something that relates to your relationship or something." He finished off by stuffing a waffle in his mouth.

"But why would-" He stopped when Annabeth sat down next to him.

"Whatcha talkin' about?" She asked, taking a sip of her orange juice.

"Nothin'" Grover blurted.

"We were just talking about the match you had yesterday with Nico." Percy lied.

"Oh, yeah. The kid's got skills." She said.

"Yeah." Percy said.

At the other end of the table, Leo was telling the story of his match to Jason and Piper.

"She was like 'Roooooar!!', and I was like 'Aaaaaaah!' and I knew I was going to die." He reenacted.

Percy laughed through his nose and looked over at table 13.

"Hey Nico!" He called, gesturing for him to come sit with them. He looked up and picked up his plate. But instead of walking over to their table, he stacked his plate and disappeared.

"I wonder what's wrong with him" Percy said.

"Who knows." Annabeth sounded uncertain. Percy noticed that she looked nervous. He could tell she was hiding something. Did it have to do with Nico? Percy couldn't tell. But he had to find out.

After breakfast, Percy and Annabeth walked by the lake, their everyday routine. They held hands with intertwined fingers as demi-gods waddled around, heading to their upcoming activities.

"Are you hiding anything from me?" Percy went straight forward.

"N-no..." She stuttered.

Percy stopped walking and glared at her.

"Did Nico tell you anything?" She looked down.

"No, why? What happened?" He demanded.

"Nothing. I was just, I don't know. I just-" She tried to explain.

"If you don't want to tell me, then don't. But I thought there weren't any secrets in relationships. I thought we told one another everything and anything. I thought that's what we had." Percy was now standing face to face with Annabeth.

"I'm sorry." She said quietly, avoiding eye-contact.

"So what happened?" Percy asked softly, holding up her chin.

She looked back down. "I can't, Percy."

"You can't what?" He questioned.

"I can't tell you." Tears rolled down her face.

"Okay." Percy took a deep breath. "So, I guess this is it."

Annabeth looked up at Percy, glassy-eyed. It made him want to burst into tears. He can't believe that he just broke up with her, after all they've been through, just because of some lousy secret. Percy pulled her in for a long hug.

"I'm sorry." She repeated, sobbing in his chest.

"Its okay..." He rubbed her back. They finally let go. "I guess I'll see you around camp." Percy said, holding in his tears.

She sniffed and nodded. They walked away in silence, as those painful tears finally trailed their way down Percy's face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I cried while writing this chapter. I know its short .-.