The Sidekick

-Sonic POV-
I was chasing Eggman in his Eggmobile at the canyon and started to shout, "You can't lose me, Egghead!" Eggman growled, "Eggman! You know my name is Doctor Eggman! You do that on purpose!"

I smirked and laughed, "Do what, Egghead?"

The chase continues, but I then stopped eventually, teetering on the edge of a cliff of a canyon, "Who-o-oa!" I got my balance back and backed a little to get to safety.

I then looked up and saw Eggman at the top of the canyon and said, "It all ends here, old friend. Prepare to be destroyed by Burnbot!" I saw a huge robot next to him. Really Egghead?

"So what, he's gonna burn me with flamethrowers or something?" I asked with my arms crossed and a smirk on my face.

Eggman looked at me and scratched his head, "Flamethrower? Well... no..." "Oh, uh, acid? Incendiary grenades!" "No no no, the li- claws! He has claws! Very painful claws!" Burnbot pinched his claws.

I rolled my eyes, "Then you should have called him 'Clawbot' or 'The Lacerator' or 'Pinch-a-tron 9000.' But 'Burnbot'? I mean, that's just false advertising!" Eggman growled and shouted, "I name the robots, Sonic! Burnbot, ATTACK!"

I heard Burnbot jumps down and starts speeding towards me. I just smirked and ran in the same direction, across from Burnbot. Then I heard Tails from my communicator and told me,

"Blue Leader, this is Yellow Sky. I have eyes on Burnbot. He's on the move, over!"

I then replied, "Thanks, Tails. Initiate 'Speeding Swing Surprise.'" Tails dove his plane into the canyon. He then activated his Enerbeam. Me and Burnbot leap at each other. It felt like a slow-mo scene. Tails flew by, throwing the beam at me. I catch the beam, and delivered a kick to Burnbot, launching him into the canyon wall. I landed on the canyon floor across from Burnbot.

Eggman flew down to Burnbot and demanded, "Get up, get up, get up!" Burnbot climbed to its feet, then notices Tails' plane flying overhead.

I should've warn him first instead of staring. It fires one of its claws at the plane, damaging the wing. The plane goes into a spin. I started to panic and called him though the communicator, "Bail, Tails! Bail!"

I about to rush to help, but I forgot about Burnbot. I kept dodging one of it's claws, then it hit me, seeing a large rock poised over it. I jumped over another of it's attacks, and spins into the rock, dropping it on Burnbot.

I leaped up to the top of the canyon and shouted, "Tails, no!" Tails' plane crashed to the ground and explodes. All I did was look in shock, but I snapped out of it and raced over to help him.

When I got to him, I pulled Tails out of the wrecked plane and placed my ear over his chest, thank goodness his heartbeat was still beating. I sighed and looked relieved, "Keep resting, pal. I'll get you home." I picked him up and said in a stern tone, "I promise I'll never let anything like this happen to you again." I walked off with Tails, still unconscious.

-Normal POV-
You just moved in your new house, but the best thing is it's close where Amy lived. Amy was your first friend you ever had, you two met when you guys were little. She treated you like a very close sister to you. But Amy came to your place and knocked on your door, "(Y/n)!! Open the door!! Please?!"

You rolled your eyes playfully and opened the door, "Hi, Amy."

"(Y/n)!!"

She said grabbing onto your shoulders, "I've found this flyer that they said that they were finding a new sidekick!!" Said Amy shoving the flyer on your face. "And why are you telling me this?" You asked. Amy sighed and started to jump a little, "Because! Sonic's one of my friends and he's looking for a new sidekick! And I can be his best sidekick!!" You grabbed the flyer and read out loud,