My Fair Sticksy

It was a bright, sunny day in the village. Unless there's meteors raining down on the village, sending the villagers scrambling in panic. But as for you guys, you guys were watching. "It's so sparkly!" You squealed. "Yeah! Meteors are shooting stars. We shouldn't be running. We should be making wishes! I wish for a pony!" Smiled Amy as Sonic quickly replied, "And I wish you'd take cover."

He then grabs Amy's arm and runs for cover, followed by you and the others. But luckily, the meteor didn't hit you guys where you just left, causing you scream a little. You guys went under the shelter of a building. "How come your wish came true?" Asked Amy, crossing her arms at Sonic as he just gave a smirk. "Should I use my meteor defense system?" Asked Sticks.

"Wait." You started as Tails finished, "You have a meteor defense system?" "I have defense systems for all sorts of junk." Replied Sticks as she taps some nearby levers, "Wildfires, floods, people trying to read my thoughts." Which it made you to tilt your head a little.

"Yeah, start with the meteor one." Said Sonic. Sticks suddenly takes aim at a incoming meteor, and pulls a lever. A series of wooden paddles pop up and start swatting the meteors away. "The 'people trying to read my thoughts' one is exactly the same, but with tinfoil trim." Explained Sticks with a smile.

-Later-
You all were at Tails' house. That's when Sticks entered, carrying a letter, "Someone left this at my house." Sonic rolled his eyes as he set his drink down and replied dryly, "Yeah, the mailman. It's a letter?" Sticks then sniffs it, "Letter, huh? I don't know. Paper folded over itself? What's it hiding? What's it hiding?" But then Amy grabbed the letter from Sticks and opens it. You went behind her, reading it and gasped in surprise. "Sticks, you've been nominated for an Awardy Award!" You cheered. "You really need a better name for that thing." Said the two tailed fox, sarcastically.

"Ooh! Lemme see!" Said Knuckles as he grabs the letter, puts on some reading glasses, then looks closely, "Oh wait, I can't read." "Really?" You muttered.

Then the blue hedgehog grabbed the letter from the red echidna, "Gimme that. 'In honor of saving our village, the Mayor cordially invites you to the Awardies.' Huh, conveniently, you can also bring your five closest pals." You all looked at Sticks with anticipation, including Comedy Chimp, who is there for some weird reason. "Uh...." You said, pointing at him.

"Sorry, Comedy Chimp." Said Sonic as the chimp sighs and leaves. "Now where was I?" Asked the blue hedgehog but he then clears his throat, "'The Awardies will be at the Mayor's Mansion. You'll dine on-' Ooh. 'Elegant food and mingle with elegant guests. After which the Awardy Award will be awarded to the winner. Which could be you!'"

"I can't make it." Sighed Sticks, giving you and Amy a worried stare. "What? Why not?" You both asked. "Well, you know... I'm slammed this week! See?" She said, taking out and opening a scheduling book, "'Tuesday: Rummage through garbage. Wednesday: Rummage through garbage. Thursday: Get tetanus shot. Friday: Rummage through garbage.' I'm booked solid!" "This is the honor of a lifetime!" Said Amy, with a smile. "You might even win a shiny trophy! You love shiny things..." Adding Tails, trying to convince her. "I do love shiny things... But! No. No! Nuh-uh! Nah!" Said Sticks, crossing her arms.

"Sticks... are you afraid to go?" You asked with your hands on your hips. "Afraid? No! Of course not! No way. Nuh-uh. Nope! ...A little." She said in defeat. "Sticks, there's nothing to fear." Said Amy, putting a hand on her shoulder. "Look at me. I'm a feral badger! I'll embarrass myself!" She whined. "Who cares what people think?" Said Sonic with his arms crossed.

"Yeah. Everyone at these parties is a windbag anyway." Added Knuckles as he turns to Sonic, in a mock noble voice, "What a robust mustache you have, Colonel Grumpkin." But then Sonic joined, making a mock noble voice, "Why, thank you, Madame Stinkbottom." They both laughed as you rolled your eyes playfully. "Don't worry. You'll be fine. I'll teach you to be a lady." Said Amy as you nodded excitedly. "A... lady? That's the thing that holds garbage, right?" Asked Sticks, smiling.