Chapter VII

“Another year was gone. And now as I understand it, the House Cup needs awarding. And the points stand as thus: In fourth place, Ravenclaw with 345 points. Third place, Gryffindor with 350 points. In second place Hufflepuff with 426 points. And in first place, with 470 points, Slytherin House.” Professor Dumbledore announces. “Nice one, mate.” Drake cheers. 

“Aw, we’ll win next time!” Denise declares. 

“Yes, yes. Well-done Slytherin. Well-done Slytherin. However recent events must be taken into account. And I have a few last-minute points to award. To the Ravenclaw house, for being the most populated house in historyl. 50 points. Second, to Audric Goldfaber, Jamie Lockhart, Denise Rosieur, and Daphne Blueflower for the being the topnotchers on the first years in history gaining percet 10000 in all subjects, I award Gryffindor house 95 points. Hogwarts has seen Death Eaters creep and lurk in the palace but through thick and thin, I award Zoe Atmostella for being the most valuable witch of school year 2038-2039. 50 points.” Dumbledore continues. 

“We're tied with Slytherin!” Daphne says with excitement.

“And finally, it takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to your enemies. But a great deal more to stand up to your friends. I award 30 points to Ceurbinn Ecstatique. Assuming my calculations are correct I believe that a change of decoration is in order. Ravenclaw once again wins the House Cup!” 

The Hall is now surrounded with blue and bronze as the bright blues cheer. 

“Yes!” Professor Aurora Atmostella, Head of Ravenclaw House, cheers.