Chapter Thirty-Six - KC

They were coming after me. Duh. But I was fast, thankfully. I was running for a while now, and all of us were getting kinda tired. The young guy said haltingly, "You know, she doesn't really look like she has much stamina. She'll get lost and starve to death eventually. Let's go." Yes, yes, go away you stupid people. Leave me alone.

The woman spoke up. "Let's go to the place. The girl won't follow us there and I think we have her little friends, too. Lydia is ours, and she couldn't have shirked her obligations." Um, who did they think they were talking about? I was a master sneaker and follower of people. I was obviously gonna follow them to whatever the place was.

So I took off my shoes and slowly crept a safe distance behind these mooks. They made a lot of right turns, but also a lot of left turns, so I was kind of happy with their wandering out. Excuse my rambling, I have a thing about left turns and such. It's weird, I know.

The people and I got out of the hospital eventually. There was another car out in the parking lot, which I was a bit surprised about. And there were tire tread marks on the pavement as well. There must have been another car along with the car the adults were now getting into. How had I not noticed it? The adults drove away, and I was left in the parking lot.

I sprinted to our Zombie-Mobile, as I had dubbed it. I dove into the front seat and started the car. Slamming my foot onto the gas, I screamed out of the parking lot. I not-so-stealthily sped up to the street behind the car I was following, and then slowed down so that they wouldn't notice me.

After following the car on city streets for a while, dodging random pieces of rubble (again. Why the heck is there so much rubble in these types of books?) we ended up turning onto a freeway. It was, well, free... Of cars, so the car with the adults drove well above the speed limit.

So what would any respectable person do? I gunned the gas, my foot all the way down to the floor of the car. For good measure, I made an anime reference. I may or may not have screamed "SIE SIND DAS ESSEN UND WIR SIND DIE JÄGER!!!" as I frantically peeled down the highway to help my friends.

And before you ask, yes, I am a huge weeaboo. I absolutely love Japanese culture and hope to go there someday. Like seriously. The only shows I watch are anime... Don't tell anyone, alright? Thanks.

But I digress. The adults in the car in front of me were rapidly getting out of my sight. I tried my best to coax the Zombie-Mobile onward, and surprisingly, it went faster. Like, what the hell? I thought I was going as fast as I could, but I decided to roll with it. Pffft... HAH! Roll with it, ya know? Cuz I was in a car... LOL, puns... I'm hilarious. Don't judge me.