5

Leo's POV

"Where are we?" I asked Janu as I scan the whole place. I don't know what happened after I drink the potion.

"The surface...i think it worked." Janu uttered. I think he is in a shock? He didn't move a muscle.

"Janu are you alright?" Minwoo asked.

"W-we're here..." Janu answered. I bet he still not moved on yet. Hayss...

Flashback...

Janu once had a mate, which is a mermaid. Her name is Willow, she is the most kind, honest, brave and strong mermaid that i have ever known. She isn't just beautiful, she is also smart. He even beat Janu's intellect. I guess that's why Janu fall for her. She was unique.

Every full moon, Janu and Willow would go out to the surface and witness how the moon touches the sea. They were very very happy.

But one night when they arrived at the surface to see the full moon, the fishermen saw them and hunted them.
Janu was confused at that time and he panicked, while Willow kept on saying "swim!".

The fishermen then throw some dynamite in the water, luckily they didn't got hit directly but the impact was still felt. After the dynamite fishermen released some net into the water and they tried to trap them inside.

Janu was still confused on what was happening at that time and just held hands with Willow. He was scared at that time and Willow sensed it. She pulled Janu into a hug and tried to calm him down.

"Shhh...calm down." Willow said in a comforting word.

"W-why are th-they doing this?" Janu asked.

"It's normal. No need to be afraid. We're gonna escape this" she assured Janu. and Janu just nodded.

Willow sensed that the human will attack them soon so she made a plan. She said that Janu have to be invisible and make it rain and she will control the water since she has the power to do it and they will run away together, Janu immediately agreed to her plan.

"We'll do this together, okay? Janu always remember that I love you. 1..2...3!" Janu immediately turned himself invisible and got out of the net to control the weather while Willow was still left inside controlling the wave.

After Janu successfully made it rain he then looked for Willow.

"Willow!" he shouted as he finally found Willow. She was still inside the circle and she seems to be struggling.

"Janu...Go-od j-job." she weakly said.

"Come on let's go." Janu said to Willow with a scared voice.

"Nah. I'll just stay here. You go fi-first, I'll f-follow."

"No. You said we'll go together."

"I'm sorry if I can't keep my promise" Willow apologized to him.

"I had fun thanks to you. I've never meet a creature that as good as you, thank you for loving me. Always remember that I love you so much. More than my life. Promise me that you wont hate humans after this. They are just like us, they're afraid. Take the responsibility  as a guardian well. And I will be watching you. Good bye,Janu." After she said those words to Janu she smiled to him and her body glowed so bright that can even make any creature blind, so Janu had to cover his eyes. But when he removed his hand from covering his eyes Willow was gone.

He was very angry. There were tidal waves that got created because of his scream. Tornadoes, whirl pools, dark heavens then followed.

He blamed his self for what happened to Willow. He said that if he wasn't a coward at that time he could have saved Willow. But Minwoo calmed him down, and helped Janu get over everything.

End of flashback...

"Leo hyung! Come on let's go!" I came back to my senses when Kairo called me.

"Oh. Okay" I hurriedly run to their direction.

"Why were you starring at nowhere hyung? Something wrong?" Draco asked.

"Uh-uhm.. I just got amazed by the view here in the surface that's all" I said to them, just nodded.

"Hey, Minwoo. What does this girl that you saved look like? And where are we going to find her?" Kairo asked Minwoo.

"Uhm...She has long dark wavy hair, She has pale skin, long pointy nose, and she's as tall as I am." Minwoo proudly said.

"Aherm. It seems like you like the girl?" I teased. He's face turned red. Ayiee~

"So it's true? You like the girl?" Kairo and Janu questioned.

"No! I don't like her hyung. It's just that I'm annoyed." Minwoo assured us.

"Oh..Okay. No need to be defensive. I trust you anyways." Janu unknowingly teased Minwoo. Which made me laugh.

"Aish! Whatever. Let's just go and find a place to sleep it's getting dark" said Minwoo and hurriedly walked across the big black stone with many running metal passing by.

"Hayss..Come on. Let's follow him. We will start to look for the girl tomorrow" Janu commanded so we just nodded. I'm so tired.

What will be the kind of adventures that has been waiting for us here on the surface? I can't wait to start the journey.