Don't Want To Admit It

Eliza POV

I let the tears fall down my face and onto my blankets. I looked at the blurry phone screen in front of me, the last text from four days ago.

With a shaky hand I pressed the phone button, starting a call.

It rang once.

Twice.

"Hello?" His voice was tired and scratchy. I heard faint clicks from a keyboard.

"Hey," my voice caught in my throat. I took a deep breath. More tears fell just thinking of what was about to come out of my mouth. I let out another shaky breath, sniffling.

"What's up?" He asked, he sounded tired and his voice had a slight tinge of care in it. But I knew the truth.

"I'm sorry," I choked out, "I know I should do this in person, I just can't." I felt even more tears fall from the tip of my nose as I looked down. They make a wet splatting sound as they hit the soaked blanket. "We aren't working, we both know we aren't working." I heard him sniff.

"Mmm," he hummed. More keyboard tapping.

"I'm sorry, for doing this over the phone, and I'm sorry for," I paused thinking about everything I was sorry for all the things that weren't my fault, "for everything." I mumbled, the bathroom light turned on outside my room and I heard the floor creak as one of my sisters paused outside. The footsteps continued and I heard the shower turn on.

"I'm sorry," Alexander said after a moment.

"Why?" I nearly spat, angry at him for continually hurting me.

"For hurting you." He said quietly.

I took the promise ring off my finger and put it in its box.

"Liar," I thought to myself, "or you wouldn't keep doing it."

After a while of silence I huffed, "Bye." I said, hanging up the phone.

I tossed my phone aside, and shoved my blanket off of me.  I laid down and let myself cry. I heard my bedroom door open and Peggy walked in, sitting on my bed, "I'm proud of you." She whispered. "I know how much he hurt you."

I sat up and hugged my sister, sobbing onto her shoulder. She rubbed my back and let me cry until I fell asleep.

This is based off of the break up I had last night with my (now ex) boyfriend. Almost exactly the same. Except my sisters were sleeping. Maybe writing will help me get over it :(