Stop Doing That

John POV

I sat, staring at the pages of my textbook as Alex scribbled some things down on a piece of paper.

"Okay, so," he started, he tossed the pencil down, "You seem to get a lot of questions wrong that involve civil courts." He said. His glasses sat at the bridge of his nose. He glanced up at me expectantly.

Cute.

"Uh, yeah I don't really remember anything about them." I admitted, then I realised that it probably made me sound stupid, "But, I know a lot about criminal courts!" I said quickly.

"Yeah, so first things first, civil courts are used to settle disputes that typically involves one person seeking money from another." He said, "Basically."

I nodded, "Okay yeah I got that," I said, "I'm not that dumb."

"Right," he dragged out the i, he picked up my study guide, "and that's why it's wrong on here?" He asked.

I looked at my legs that were crossed, "I know it I swear," I said.

"Mhm," he hummed, knowing I was lying. I peeked up him. His glasses had slipped down to the tip of his nose. He pushed them back up and looked back up at me. "Okay so do you know what a class action is?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I know it involves a bunch of people."

His eyes lit up, "Yeah! A bunch of people with similar cases against one larger corporation will file a class action."

"Oh okay so I knew that." I said. Alex looked at the study guide again.

"Then you should've filled it out," he picked up the pencil and quickly scribbled what he had said under Class Action.

I glanced over my textbook again looking for something that I knew. "Uh, I know that in some cases if something is recalled you can qualify for compensation." I paused, "And compensation is usually money." I said.

He smiled, "That's right!" He said happily, "Hey maybe you don't need a tutor," he started.

I cut him off, "No no no, I need a tutor." I said quickly.

He laughed, "Okay okay,"

I smiled, "Stop doing that," I said.

He cocked his head, "Doing what?"

"Stuff that makes me wanna kiss you." I said quietly. I looked down at my book, my face practically burning.

I didn't move my head but I looked up. Alex had his head covered with the study guide. I saw him peek up over the paper and my eyes flickered back down to the book. I swallowed, and pulled the study guide down from his face and pressed his lips to mine. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me closer to him and I shoved the books and papers aside. I pulled back for air and Alexander let out a deep breath.

He nodded, "Yeah you definitely need a tutor." He said pulling back to kiss him again.