Loathing

"Okay so today's assignment is to work with a partner to perform a scene or a duet." Mr. Washington's voice echoed off the walls and I quickly glanced at James. "I will assign partners." He said, making me sigh. He listed off names, of course Angelica and Eliza were paired together.

"James and Johnathan,"

Ew.

"Maria and Margarita,"

Hot.

"Alexander and Thomas,"

Gross.

Wait what?

I whipped my head around to see Alexander already glaring at me.

"Okay you have thirty minutes to decide what you're doing and rehearse." Mr. Washington sat down at his desk.

"I despise you." Alexander spat standing next to me.

"The feeling is mutual." I shot back.

"Whatever, I'm not failing this assignment so what are we doing?" He asked me.

"I don't know. I don't care. I loathe you and I don't want to do this." I rolled my eyes. Suddenly he gasped. "Pfft, what now genius?"

"Do you know the words to What Is This Feeling from Wicked?" He asked.

Is he dumb? Of course I do. "Yeah."

"Okay well we'll do that song an get our grade." He offered.

"Fine. But I get to be Elphaba." I grumbled.

"Awesome." He matched my tone. "Um so should we practice?"

"Nah, We're both good singers." I paused, "Not that I like your singing. It's," I tried to think of an insult, "Nasally."

"Whatever." He walked off, talking to Laurens.

James came over to me, "What are you and Alex doing?"

"What Is This Feeling." I said casually.

"Exciting." He said, "We're doing Travel Song cause its easy. I'm Shrek."

"Cool." I said. "I wonder what Maria is doing. Hopefully something sexy." I wondered aloud.

"Yeah, listen Thomas, I kinda like hanging out with Laurens. He's really cool." He paused, "And not super rude all the time." His voice dropped to a mumble.

Is he being serious? "Seriously James? After everything I've done to make you my friend?" I was shouting now, "I've been so kind to you! I made you into who you are and this is how you repay me?"

He interrupted me, "I hate who you've made me into! Everyone thinks I'm awful! But I'm not! You are Thomas! You are rude and hateful and- and" He took a breath, "Despicable! And I hate you!" He turned and stormed away from me and over to Hamilton and Laurens.

Everyone had become silent and I felt everyone's eyes on me.

"Mr. Jefferson," Washington's voice was oddly calm, "You and Alexander are up. Then you are going to the discipline office."

I grunted, getting up and trudging up to the front of the room. Alexander scurried up, handing Mr. Washington his iPhone with the music on it.

Alex rushed up beside me, "Dearest, darlingest, Momsie and Popsicle." He said cheerfully.

"My dear father." I said angrily.

We both began to sing, "There's been some confusion over rooming here at Shiz."

"But of course I'll care for Nessa,"

"But of course, I'll rise above it."

"For I know that's how you'd want me to respond, yes. There's been some confusion for you see my roommate is,"

Alex began Galinda's long rant, "Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and all together quite impossible to describe." He popped the 'b' at the end, whipping his head away from me.

I waited a second before saying my line, "Blonde."

Everyone in the room laughed as Alex feigned hurt.

We finished the song, the both of us using the hate for one another to fuel the song's energy.

Everyone applauded and Washington shushed them, "Very nice you two, Thomas, d.o." I said referring to the discipline office. I stormed out of the room, Glaring at James who was happily congratulating Alexander alongside Laurens and the Schuyler sisters.

(A/N): I might make a lil part two for this later. I think T.Jeff's  pov was pretty rad. I got inspired by a text post I saw earlier today. (Peggy and Maria definitely did Out Tonight and Angie was like "Yaaass werk" but Eliza was like "Peggy you're 16.")