My Fake Fiancé Is Problematic (One Shot)

(Alex doesn't have the cancer in this)

When I walked up to the apartment, I noticed the door was ajar. I wasn't scared until I noticed the blood on the doorknob.

I shoved open the door and dropped my stuff right inside, rushing around until I found Alexander in the bathroom.

Emmy sat on the counter, feet hanging over the edge as Alex kneeled in front of her. She held onto her favorite bear and snuffled as Alex dabbed medication onto her leg.

"What happened?" I asked, worry smeared across my face.

"Hi Daddy!" She squealed.

"We fell at the playground." Alex said, applying bandages to her shin.

"Okay well next time close the door," I said, "it was open with blood on the handle."

"I closed the door." He said concerned.

"It was open." I argued.

"Where's Michael?" Alex asked me.

My heart stopped, "I didn't see him when I was looking for you."

Alex stood up quickly. He picked up Emmy off the counter and put her on his hip. "Okay Emmy we gotta find your brother." He said calmly. Though our actions said otherwise as we practically ran into the hall.

Alex went left with Emmy towards the exit and I went right towards the elevator at the end of the hall. As I reached the elevator it dinged and opened revealing our usual babysitter from the apartment above us. "Oh! Theodosia! Have you seen Michael?" I asked frantically.

She smiled and nodded, Michael stepped out from behind her legs. "Sorry Daddy, I went to Theo's house cause Emmy got an owie." He said. He ran over and jumped up and I hugged him close to me.

"Sweetheart I'm proud of you for going to get help but you scared Daddy and Papa a lot." I said, one arm under his butt and the other holding his head to my shoulder. "Thanks so much Theodosia." I gave her a very awkward side hug and she waved bye as the elevator doors closed. I called Alex.

"Did you find him?" He asked, his voice was laced with fear and worry.

"Yeah, yeah I found him. He went up to Theo's apartment cause he thought there was an emergency." I sighed.

He let out a sigh of relief, "Oh thank God," he breathed, "I was so worried."

"I know, me too." I said. Michael sucked on his thumb, his head on my shoulder. I shut the door to the apartment behind me, and set Michael on the couch where he laid down and started to fall asleep.

The door flew open and I closed my eyes letting out a breath, "Where is my son!" Alex yelled. Emmy jumped down from his arms and waddled over to me. Her and Michael were growing up so differently. Though they were both super thin (except for their baby fat), Michael was short and Emmy was tall. They were four now. In the fall they'd start kindergarten. I'm not ready for that. I guess I'll need to pick of a part time job. Alex rushed over to the couch and fell to his knees. "My son," he said. He had his arms on the couch and his head on his arms. "Pride is not the word I'm looking for." He said quietly.

Michael laughed, "Papa you're silly." He pressed his hands to Alexander's cheeks, squishing is face.

"Aaaggghhh!" Alex moved his face away. "You're a dirty dirtball!" He said. He picked up Michael and carried him to the bathroom. "Bath time!" He called, causing Emmy to run over to the bathroom.