Kissing Strangers

John POV

I sat across from Hercules and twirled the straw around in my soda. He took a large gulp of his soda and looked up at me. "Can I kiss you?" He asked, staring at my drink.

I rolled my eyes. "Herc you can't keep kissing people, pretending that it's him." I said.

He rolled his eyes and threw his head back, "Gahhhh! I know!" He cried.

The waitress came by and gave us our burgers. "Thanks," I smiled at her. "Seriously Herc, you gotta tell him how you feel." I picked up a fry, popping it in my mouth.

He shook his head, swallowing what was in his mouth, "No. No way. I can't."

"Sure you can." I shrugged, picking up my burger and taking a big bite. "I did with Hamilton."

"Yeah cause you're Laurens. You're literally so gay for him. You didn't have to tell him." He sighed, "Also don't talk with your mouth full."

"Yeah and you're Hercules Mulligan, you're confident as hell. For crying out loud I've never seen anyone so proud of a pair of pastel pink pants before." I argued.

"Okay those pants were hella dope." He shot back.

I nodded, "Okay true." I admitted.

He nodded and kept eating his burger.

I shook my head, "You have to tell him," I said.

"No." Hercules said stubbornly. "He doesn't feel the same way."

"Bull." I said shoving a bunch of little fries in my mouth.

Hercules stuck his tongue out at me. "Maybe tomorrow."

"No you've been saying maybe tomorrow for three months." I pulled out my phone and dialed Lafayette's number. "You're doing it right now."

Hercules snorted, a bit of soda coming out of his nose, "No! John no!" He cried. "Stop stop stop!"

"Hey Laf!" I said cheerfully into my phone, "Hey so Hercules has a message for you!" I said.

Hercules made lots of hand motions at me to get me to stop, I waved him off. "Really?" Lafayette asked, his accent thick.

"Yeah so he wants to know what a man such as yourself would be doing on a night like tonight." I said.

"Oh I'm going to go see a movie!" He said cheerily, "He should come!"

I smiled, "So like the two of you, on a date?" I asked.

"Sure! 6 o'clock!" He said and hung up.

"You have a date. 6. Movies." I said.

He blushed, "Thanks Laurens." He said.

"Yeah now stop kissing strangers." I chuckled.