Chapter 11

“Glad to see you’re awake,” a nurse said. She took the wet washcloth off my forehead. I proceeded to sit up. The nurse put her hand out as a motion for me to stop. “Lie down dear, you suffered a minor concussion. It’s best if you lie down.” I took her advice, nodded, then laid back down.

“What time is it?” I asked rubbing the back of my head.

“It’s 1 o’clock in the afternoon. You came in here earlier today.” the nurse replied. Just then, I heard the loud WHOOSH of the door opening.

“Ellia!” I only had to hear his voice to know it was Liam. “ I went to get some coffee so I could be awake when you were awake, and I guess I missed it.” He pulled up a chair and rest his cup of coffee on the night stand. Then he held my hand. “The doctor said you’ll be fine after resting for a bit. Are you fine? Man, I hope you’re fine.” Liam stuttered while ruffling his blonde and shaggy hair. He looked like a wreck. The nurse continued to sit by my bedside, but turned her head towards Liam.

“She can go home in a couple of minutes,  if you promise to take her of her and give her lots of rest.”

He started to bob his head. “Yes. Yes, of course I will. Come on, I’ll carry you.” I was still too tired for words, but made no efforts to protest as he slipped an arm under my back and legs to get me out of the hospital. He carried me all the way to the car. “Keys please.”

I felt so sleepy and could almost drift off. I reached into my bag, took out the car keys, then let Liam start the car.

“Well I guess we don’t have to worry about that anymore.” I squinted.

“What do you mean?” I croaked.

“The prediction,” Liam explained. “That was it! We don’t have to worry about it anymore.”

I sighed then turned my head out towards the window. “I’m not so sure. Alfie said they put me in a bag and kidnaped me. That wasn’t much of a kidnaping.”

“Ellia, are you trying to worry me? Just as I was feeling good about your health.” I could walk up to my front door with a bit of help. Liam held my hands and lead me to my bedroom. He moved some pillows to clear a spot and set me down. “Do you need anything else?” Liam asked with a hint of a smirk.

“We seriously need to stop going to the hospital so much.” I sighed. Liam stood up and started to walk away, but didn’t leave my room. “What? Are you just going to watch me sleep?” Liam sat down at the edge of my bed.

“Ellia,” he started. “What would you call us?”

“Us?” I didn’t immediately get what he was referring to.

“Yeah, I mean...us. Are we friends? Are we dating? Are we in between?” It took me a moment to process Liam’s questions.

“What do you think we are?” I asked him with my answer already in mind.

“In between, I guess,” he said, scratching the back of his head. Liam looked into my eyes for any sign of a significant reaction.

“Hmm. Well, we could go on a date.” I sat up to get a better view of him. “How does that sound?”

Liam held one of my hands in both of his. “As long as it’s not watching a chick flick I’m good.”

Edited and co-writen by Aly