Secrets Part 1

Previously on "Freakish"
An alarm blared.
"Coach! It's not a drill."
"The chemical plant's on fire."
"It would take a powerful bomb to cause what happened out there."
"All dead."
"Stay inside."
"Tape off all the windows and doors to limit contamination."
"There could be more of them out there."
"Coach?" the kids snarled. A loud scream is heard.
"Are you okay? Of course I'm okay."

————————————————————————

"You okay? Natalie's looking for you." Grover said knocking on the door of the music room where Mary sat hastily pulling down her pantleg. "You worry too much." she said fast. "It's kind of what a big brother does." Grover said laughing and sitting next to her. "Yeah, well, it's so freaking annoying. It's like you have some sixth sense that I'm not okay when I so clearly am." she said stumbling over her words. Grover sighed. "I know what you're going through." he said. "Somehow I don't think that you do." she said bitterly. "I was down there, you know? There were horrible things in that shelter." Grover said and she shook her head. "Grover, I got bit." his small sympathetic smile disappeared instantly. "It was Addy. What do you think's going to happen to me?" she asked terrified. "Nothing." he assured her "Nothing's going to happen to you. We just need to stay calm." he finished. "Well, you don't seem calm." she countered and he scoffed. "Yeah, I'm fine. Just Just give me a second, okay?" he says and stands up.

"It really hurts, and I don't know if I'm gonna to get sick." Nik heard a voice say on her way back from the bathroom. She turned to the music room and peeked into the window where the sound was coming from and saw Mary and Grover inside. "Do you think she gave this to-" Mary neagan to ask Grover as Nik listened in. "Mary, it's just a bite." Grover reassured. Nik gasped slightly and Grover turned to where she was standing but she hid quickly. "You didn't go outside, right?" She heard him ask and she didn't hear a reply so Nik assumed she had shaken her head or nodded. "So you're fine." Grover said. Nik had heard enough and snuck slowly backwards towards the hallway she'd come from.

"What are you doing?" Nik asked Grover who stopped grabbing medical supplies when he heard her voice. "Hey. Uh Found it." he said picking up a bottle. "I'm not feeling very good." he clarified. "Should we be worried?" Nik asked in a monotone "No.
Um, it's just a small fever, that's all. Seriously, I can just sleep it off." he said as Nik have him a questioning look. "Since when does a fever need hydrogen peroxide?" she asked reading the label on the bottle. Grovr glared at her. "Since when do you care?"

"No, those go in this row. See? Corn goes with corn." Natalie said to Mary who was trying to help her and Nik take inventory on the food. "So that's 53 cans for all of us." Mary said and Nik looked over. "No, your count is off. It's, uh, 51 cans. But that should still last us until we get rescued." Nik said writing it down. "Depending on who finds us first." Mary mumbled. "Are you okay?" Natalie asked her concern evident in her voice. "Yeah, I just I'm just hungry.
Do you have any more soup?" Mary asked. "Soup." Natalie repeated. "Yeah, like the kind that you had earlier, the chicken and rice?" she clarified. "Rice? Um But that was over five hours ago. How did you know?" she asked and Nik was a little freaked out. "I smelled it on your breath." she said creepily. Nick hadn't told anyone what she had heard earlier and no one knew abut Mary's...predicament. "Is that, like, some party trick you do, or are you part bloodhound?" Nik asked with fear laced in her tone. "I don't know." Nik left the room before she exploded onto the two what she had heard earlier. Noodle walked up to her. "Hey" he said as She looked to the floor. "You ok?" he asked slouching down to look at her face. She shook her head with tears spilling out of her eyes. "Shh...your ok...shh...you wanna tell me what's wrong?" Noodle asked after pulling Nik into his arms for a much needed hug. She pulled away and said those two words.

"Mary's bit."