Weakness Part 1

Previously, on "Freakish"
"That thing killed Zoey."
"It ripped her up and it drank her blood."
"It has to die."
"He's torturing my sister!"
"We kept your sister alive so we could survive."
"If it were me in that cage I know what I'd want."
"I'm so sorry."

————————————————————————

Nik sat on the couch in the lounge with Noodle on her one side and Barrett on her other. Noodle had his arm around her and was glaring at all the guys in the room. Nik didn't know why. "Hey, you okay?" Nik asked him and he looked down at her. His eyes softened. "Yeah, course." he said pulling her closer to him. Nik started thinking about how Grover had kissed her and shuttered at the thought. She didn't like him that way. Never did. She just hoped Noodle hadn't seen he already didn't like Grover.

"Jesus! Dude, it's just me." Nik said walking down to where Mary was to see a hostile Grover.
"Yeah, why are you sneaking up on me?" he said rudely. "I'm not "Sneaking up" on anyone." she countered. "Whatever." he said. "Hey listen about the kiss-" Nik started but he cut her off. "Forget it ever happened, it was mistake. I already know" he said bitterly.
"I'll leave." Nik said. Then added "and technically you kissed me."
Grover sighed. "Wait. I'm sorry. I know you have Noodle and I never should've put you in that position." Nik smiled "it's fine I do hope we can still be friends?" she asked. "Of course, BFFS forever!!!!" he said excitedly and Nik laughed. "So just so I got this straight, there's never gonna be an us?" he asked and Nik shook her head replying with a "sorry". "Well poop on you." he said before they both laughed. Their laughter faded as they looked in the cage Mary was in. "She told me to kill her before she hurt somebody." he said and Mary started growling at them before he quieted down again. "Nobody could do that." Nik said kindly with her arm on Grovers. He looked down at her. "We both know there are people here that could do that." he said and she immediately thought about Barrett. "Barrett's a jerk." she said simply inking about how he had blackmailed her. Mary growled again. "I can't let this go on." he said. "I'm gonna end this."
Leshean ran own the hall grabbing Nik as she was walking and pulling her with him wherever he was going. Muttering things like "We got to get out of here." And "they're inside." Nik struggled to get out of his grip. "Who's inside?" she asked still struggling to no avail
"Zoey, the others they're in here.
We got to get out!" he yelled back. "Ah!" Nik screamed as Leshean pulled her along holding on to her arm really hard. Diesel and Noodle came running into the lobby where Leshean had pulled Nik. Diesel tackled Leshean and Noodle pulled Nik into his arms. "Ow." she whispered and Noodle held out her now red and purple arm. "Shh it's okay." he said holding her. "I think he's seeing things." Barrett said walking into the room. "We got to get out! It's not safe!" Leshean yelled from the floor. "He thinks the freaks are in here." Noodle explained to the others who had just shown up, holding Nik closer to him when Grover came in. He didn't trust that guy.
"Yeah, there will be freaks in here if he doesn't stop."
"We're gonna die! We got to get out of here!"
"Go, go! Get him! I got this."
"Come on, quick."
"Give me the board."
"Come on."
"Come on, come on, come on."
"Mary is loose again."
"No kidding."
"Well she was our only chance to learn more about them, and you let her go. Maybe you need to take a step back and let us finish this before somebody gets hurt."
Everyone argued over one another. Diesel ended up punching Leshean and he fell to he floor. "Is he okay?" someone asked. "I have never messed somebody up like this, where it lasted." Diesel defended himself.
"This isn't from getting punched." Nik said from under Noodles arm. "You can't know that." she was countered.
"Actually, I can."
"Was he bitten?"
"No."
"Or exposed to the air outside?" "He's not changing, stupid."
"I am simply trying-"
"Shut up, Barrett."
"Guys! Nik, if he's not morphing, then please, tell us what he is doing."
"He needs insulin."
"He's diabetic? Oh, my, he might have been hallucinating. That can happen in the later stages." Natalie said. "And you know this how?" Nik asked. "I did an anatomy project on diabetes." she said simply. "Mom said this can happen if it gets really bad." Nik said. "Great, just great." Barrett said rudely. "This would've been nice to know a little bit sooner." violet said.
"You're one to talk about informing the group of an issue." Barrett said to her. "So, he's got how long? One, two days?" Diesel asked. "More like hours, maybe." Nik replied. "Don't say that. There's a thousand students in this school. A thousand lockers. Teachers' desks.
There's got to be insulin around here somewhere. We will find it for him. If we don't, he'll die."