Seven.

Mark dropped his smile as soon as he realised he was smiling, his face returning to his usual unemotional glare. Of course he would smile today, everything seems to be turning upside down. Is it Opposite Day? He was expressing more feelings today than he had in his who life. Talking and laughing, smiling and going out with someone. All because of a green-haired Angel. It wasn't a good situation in Mark's eyes, he wasn't supposed to express feelings because he made himself have no feelings.

Groaning, Mark got up from the booth and picked his jacket up, slinging it over his shoulder. He walked out of the restaurant — after leaving a $5 tip — and went to the sidewalk. It was empty, no cars or people in sight. Yet again, not many are filled at two in the morning. Mark walked until he reached the end of the street before flashing back home.

<<<<<<

Mark paced furiously around his room. His hands were in his hair as he tried to clear his racing mind, but that his mind wouldn't stop thinking and he only grew angrier. Out of rage, he grabbed the edge of his dresser and pulled it toward the ground, slamming with a sickening crack. He was getting more and more aggravated from one thing.

Sean.

A mixture of Sean and and Angelic markings. Each time he closed his eyes, all he could see were Angelic markings lingering and carved on the back of his eyelids. He suspected Sean caused this, caused him to act different and now see Angelic scribbles every time he blinked. They were giving him a headache. No matter how hard he tried to get them to leave, they stayed put as if they belonged.

Mark knew the markings wouldn't just leave, it couldn't be that simple. And with all the blame pointing to Sean, he had to meet him. Had to talk to him and question what he did to him. He had to speak with him.

>>>>>>>

Sean fixed his hair loosely as he walked down the street to the hospital. He could of flew to the hospital and spare him the walk, but he liked looking at the scenery. Despite it just being buildings and restaurants, it was undoubtedly a beautiful sight to see them with the moonlight shining on them. It was beautiful in his eyes, walking down a dark street with no cars in sight. Somehow, it made him feel more alive.

Before he could turn down the street that the hospital was located on, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He didn't use his phone much, unless it was for his family, but he kept it on him at all times in case an Angel called. Pulling it out of his pocket, not bothering to look at the caller I.D., he answered. "Hello, this is Sean." He turned down the street, seeing one car drive past him. The hospital was now in sight

"Sean."

The voice at the other end of the phone made Sean stop walking, his heart skipping. "Mark? Everything okay?" Mark sounded tense and aggravated, and it both worried and scared Sean.

"Listen, I don't know what you're doing, but you need to stop. You're messing with my mind, you and your Angelic arts and crafts."

Sean furrowed his brows and starts walking again. "What? What do you mean 'I need to stop?' Mark, I'm just going to the hospital." Slowly but surely, Sean grew closer to the hospital. He saw an ambulance drive up to the emergency room entrance and he made a mental note to check up on that person later.

"You, and all your Angelic markings. They're carved into my mind and you're changing me, making me more expressive and emotional than I have ever been. What did you do to make them and you stay?" Mark was in the verge of yelling, his voice sounding strained from him forcing it low. But Sean couldn't understand why he was mad at him, he had nothing to do with what Mark was going through."

"I'm an Angel, I don't do anything like that. I don't mess with people's minds or force something into their mind. That's not me. Okay, listen, I'm doing a job right now. Meet me in the public park in 10 minutes. We can talk more there."

"Fine," was all Mark said before hanging up. Sean sighed and slid his phone and hands back in his pockets. He stopped walking for a minute, closing his eyes and inhaling.

When he opened them, he was in the little kids room. But something was off, something was wrong. Looking around, he saw that the room was empty. The bed was made and the drawings the kid had done were removed off the wall. Sean felt his heart drop, but he forced himself to think of anything but the worse. Maybe the kid moved to a different room.

So, he walked out of the room and into the hallway, searching each and every room for the kid. As he walked down the hallway, though, he ended up behind two doctors, and ended up tuning in to their conversation.

"It's horrible." Their voice sounded trembly, as if they were on the verge of or already crying. "They were so full of life, you know? Always wore a smile on their face, acted as if nothing was wrong. They were always so positive, and they made sure everyone was smiling as well as them. I'm going to miss them." Sean hadn't realised he stopped walking until the two doctors turned down another hall.

He knew those doctors. They were the kids favourites. That's when reality set in. The kid had passed away. It wasn't supposed to happen, the kid was supposed to live to see the world.

Leaning against a wall, Sean slid down until he sat on the floor with his knees to his chest. He wrapped his arm around his legs and laid his head between them.

Without meaning to, Sean began sobbing.