Ten.

"You needed me?" Sean asked as he slid into the booth across from Mark. They hadn't talked in a few days, with them both needing to sort their minds, but Mark decided it was finally time to meet up and talk. So, he called Sean and asked him to meet up with him at a small diner. It was currently serving breakfast, not many but a few people sat eating their breakfast or drinking steaming coffee out of white coffee mugs. A soft tune, too low to make out the words but still loud enough to hear, played out of a radio from the back of the kitchen.

Mark had a barely touched glass of orange juice in front of him, his hand resting by it as if he were to pick it up at any moment. A waitress in a light pink dress with a black apron walked up to them, notepad in hand. Sean shrugged his coat off as she asked them if he would like anything. Once he ordered a coffee, with extra sugar, the waitress left and Sean looked at Mark.

"I'll just skip small talk. If I were to become an Angel, how long exactly would it take? I was born into the race as one of the first. If it were anybody else, it would take months for them. But with my soul being the way it is, trying to change, would that make it faster?" Mark knew that becoming an Angel was difficult, and the fact that he was one of the first just makes it all worse and more difficult. Yet, he had a soul that was trying to change him, it wasn't him trying to change his soul. How would that effect him? Truth is, Mark wasn't that paranoid about changing into an Angel anyone.

He was created into a Demon. Everything in his life up until nearly a week ago had been Demonic. But when Sean stumbled into his life, something was different. Maybe it was the fact that his soul was changing into an Angel, but there was something more. A shift in his mind — everything he previously believed was the right way of living had slowly crumbled away only to be built back up on the beliefs of something different. The way his mind worked was becoming more Angelic, and he wasn't trying to push it away anymore. Internally, somewhere deep down, he accepted becoming an Angel. However, a fear of transitioning still lingered within him.

How could he not fear change? It's not a bad, not unless you're changing into something bad. But changing into something exact opposite of him, something he used to despise. The mere thought used to twist his stomach. And here he is now, wanting to become it? How could he not be scared? After living as a Demon for thousands of years, growing used to the life and living it to the fullest, only to have a soul wanting to change, of course he'd be scared. Who wouldn't be?

The waitress returned, Mark's eyes snapping to her as he was pulled out of his thoughts. She set down Sean's cup of coffee, the steam fading away into the air as she sauntered away. Sean picked the mug up, taking a small sip. As he set it back down on the booth table, he decided to break the silence.  "Well, maybe it could go faster. With your changing souls and all," he said, bowing his head slightly and gesturing his hand.

Mark's full attention was caught on the statement. "How shortened would it be?"

Sean shrugged. "No clue. You're the first time I've ever heard of your soul forcing a change. Maybe knock off a couple months? I don't know," he mumbled, placing his elbows on the table and resting his face in the palms. Sighing, he looked out the window after a few seconds. "Were going into this blind. We have no clue what would happen. That is if you do change." He looked back over at Mark, who's eyes had been on him the whole time. "Do you want to change?"

Mark kept staring. He does, he wants to change into an Angel. But he doesn't want to throw his old life away, he had grown so used to the way he had living and a change would mess him up mentally, physically, and emotionally.