Chapter 2

My sense of direction was just as bad as the breakfast I had this morning. I shouldn't have tried my cooking skill to save money because I might end up in a hospital bed next time. I have been going in circles and I still can't find the studio the guy from last night has been talking about. I'm pretty sure it's just around my area. I don't want to ask him directly where it is because it might leave a bad impression that I'm stupid or somewhat. I just don't want him to think of me that way.

After walking for another fifteen minutes, I have found what I have been looking for. It was just in the building two streets before ours. I palmed my face. I didn't know that it could be this bad. I need to work on this.

Min Studio

It seemed a nice store from the outside and I bet it is. I tried knocking on the glass door but the sound was faint and I think no one could actually hear it. The store still didn't have it's light on so I decided to sit on the chairs near the counter and wait.

As I heared the bells ring, a young man in his hoodie opened the door. It didn't seem like the guy I talked to last night. This guy has a dark brown hair. His eyes caught mine for a second but he pretended not to notice me.

"Ah, where have I seen him though?" I asked myself as I watched him go in the studio.

"Oh, you're here." A black haired guy approached me. A yawn escaping from his lips. Geez, he looks quite cute I think. "Wait here."

He went inside the studio, calling "JK" as he grabbed a folder before walking back to me. The other guy I saw earlier talked to him for a second before getting back to work. The owner gave me the folder to make me sign the contract. Min Yoongi. His name is Min Yoongi as written in the contract.

"Min Yoongi.." I didn't mean to read it out loud but I was too late because he already heard it. "I. I was just reading the contract... Your name is Yoongi?" The conversation wouldn't go anymore so I just signed the contract. He didn't seem like the talking type.

"Ah. University student? Oh wait- My cousin studies there too."

He went over the rules I should follow as I work in the studio. Honestly, there wasn't a lot. I just realized he wanted the place to be clean and told me to work hard a couple of times. My option was to either use my own camera or the camera in the studio. There are also camera lenses I could use if I opt to use my own. He toured me around the place before I could start working. The hoodie guy earlier was sitting on the floor while holding a camera.

"Oh, JK." Yoongi noticed that I was staring at the guy. Hoodie guy stopped whatever he was doing and turned to us. "This is Suji. She's going to be your assistant from now on."

I don't know if it was just my imagination or there's really no emotion on his face. He just nodded at us and went back to what he was doing.

When I looked at the reservations made for today, there weren't a lot. The reservations starts in the afternoon so our morning is free. Yoongi oppa, the owner, went out for a bit to handle something and left me with JK. But JK didn't seem to bother by my existence. Not even a bit.

"Hi?" I awkwardly greeted him, trying to initiate a conversation between us. But all I got was a glance. I sighed as I took the seat next to him. "It isn't hard to say hello, you know."

"I don't do greetings." He said without looking back at me.

"But a hello is better than your cold glance." The words slipped out of my mouth without giving too much thoughts on it. I regretted it as soon as he stood up and walked away.

"If you're bothered that's not my problem." JK placed the camera on the table and walked out of the studio.

Ah. I can completely imagine how hard it would be to work with that guy. But I need this job so I must keep up with him as he is one of the employees here. Plus, he is Yoongi oppa's cousin.

--

"Suji-ah, are you listening to me?" Jaein has been waving her hand in front of me but my mind is somewhere else. I have been trying hard to be friends with JK but there wasn't any change with how he treats me. It's either I'm invisible or I'm not even worthy to be looked upon by his eyes.

"You got a new job?" She asked and I just nodded.

We had a photoshoot schedule last night which lasted until past midnight. I wasn't the one who took the shots but I helped with the lightings and all. It seemed that the client was a rising actor who Yoongi oppa personally know. So far it was the most tiresome project I participated in since I started working in the studio. I barely even slept and my eyelids feel heavy.

"It's been a couple of days since I started." I added but Jaein kept on throwing questions at me. I just couldn't bring myself to answer all of it one by one.

As we were on our way out of the campus, I recognized a familiar female figure standing at the gate. I observed her from head to toe. She seemed to have lost weight and her hair is slowly turning grey. Suddenly, I wanted to take a detour because I don't have the strength to see her yet. I just might cry.

"Isn't that your Mom?" But I was too late. Jaein ran to my mother and talked to her with excitement.

"...she seemed out of it these days." I only heard few things she was trying to tell my mother. Before I could even grab her arm, she excused herself and told us she had to leave.

Mom gave me a tight hug and pinched my cheeks. "How are you doing, sweetie?"

"I'm doing pretty fine, Mom." I replied nonchalantly. "Are things going good back there?"

There was a hint of sadness in her eyes but she tried to cover it up with a smile. Either nothing changed or it became worse. My eyes never left her as she started to fill me up with stories in my hometown and her work. Her laughter was still the same. Sometimes it annoys me because it would sound real even though she's just faking it.

"Anyway, here's for your expenses." She placed a brown envelope on my hand. "I'm sorry it got delayed, honey."

"It's fine, mom." I took few bills and gave it to her. "You always give too much."

But truthfully speaking, the money I had in my hands was not enough. I didn't want to burden her anymore. I was afraid she wouldn't have money for herself so I always make sure to give her a part of the money she gives me.

Brr. Brr.

I fished my phone in my pocket to check the message I just received.

From: Ms. Cho

'Your rent fee is due tomorrow event. I will not extend it anymore.'

I almost forgot about it. I'm still a little short for my payment and if I ask for another extension from Ms. Cho, I'm pretty sure she's going to kick me out of my unit. I have nowhere to go to if that happens. If only I can get an advance pay from work... If only..

Without thinking twice, I dialed Yoongi oppa's number. I was running out of choices and this was the only one left. I'm just going to ask him. If he says yes then alright. If he says no, it's fine as well. I was still debating with myself in my head when I heard him coughing on the line.

"Hello?" I took a deep breath and shot for my luck.

--

A/N:

Please subscribeeee~

I'm going to update soon~

Comments and stars are highly appreciated!

Shower us with sarangs!

- ace