Chapter 8

The picturesque view of the sun rising greets me as I open my eyes. I couldn't sleep even a bit last night even after packing my stuff for the trip because I got too excited. The last time I went on an out-of-town trip was way back when I was in high school. Dad was still around and we had extra money for a celebratory outing after my graduation. Things are different now. Although this trip is work-related, I'm still glad for such opportunity. Maybe except the fact that I would be sitting beside JK for the whole trip and probably sticking with him for the shoot because I'm (coughs) his (coughs) assistant.

I feel a slight nudge on my side. I slowly open my eyes more.

"Wake up. We have a lot to do." JK gets out of the car first and proceeds to the trunk of the car to

get our stuff.

Yoongi oppa looks at me from the driver's seat. He catches me stretching my arms. Instantly, I put down my hands and nod at him. He laughs and greets me good morning before getting out of the car. Well, I guess this trip would be bearable.

"Ya. Are you going to keep sleeping?"

Or not.

"Eonni!" A girl runs towards me, hugging my leg.

"Jeongie!" I squeal as I pick her up and wrapping her in my arms.

After being briefed my Yoongi oppa about our shoot today, I learned that it is for Jeong's upcoming birthday party. Her parents said they wanted to throw her a party and decided to include a shoot for it. They were checking other photographers but got impressed by JK's shots of kids in his portfolio and chose to him to do it instead. I haven't seen his portfolio myself, but I must say that he's indeed impressive. Can't deny he's got those artistic eyes.

"Are you excited for today?" I ask Jeongie who is comfortably sitting on my lap.

She slowly nods but presses her lips into a thin line. "Nervous."

I pinch her cheeks and smiles at her, "Don't be, baby girl! It will be fun. Trust eonni."

JK stands on a distance from us but I can see that he's been looking at Jeongie for a while now. His eyes never leave the kid even though she runs around the place. Occasionally he taps his chin with his finger, seeming like he's thinking over something.

His eyes land on mine. I look back at him. It's the first time for me that it doesn't feel awkward to look someone straight in the eyes. How do I put this... I feel rather calm. And I don't know why.

He points at his lips.

Move.

Boy, you just ruined the feel of the moment.

I stand up, leaving Jeongie for a minute to go where JK is. The set is already made less than an hour after we arrived. My task is to take care of the lights. JK talked to me earlier about how he wanted to do the shoot. All I have to do is to follow him to have the exact outputs.

It's all good during the first half of the shoot. It's all good until Jeongie started to feel uneasy and seemed to be on the verge of crying.

"Jeong?"

I notice JK flinches, giving me a glance as I call out to Jeong. Jeong hurries over and embraces me. She buries her face in my arms but doesn't say a thing. She raises her head, peeking at JK.

"Can oppa take the picture with me?" JK's eyes widen with Jeong's sudden request. He glances at me before looking at Jeong. It's evident he's having a dilemma as he places his camera on the table.