Chapter 9

"Meat. Meat. Meat." JK chants while he pushes the cart towards the frozen section.

I shake my head at JK, heading towards the frozen section. Grilled meat would be nice tonight. Yoongi oppa told me one thing that brings JK and him together is meat. I mean, of course, these guys are growing up and they need it especially JK. I heard sometimes he drags his hyungs and flipping them around.

My peripheral vision catches JK placing something in the cart. I face him and fold my arms over my chest.

"Come on. Just one snack?" He points out, trying to reason out with me. 

I let out a sigh, "Buy snacks if you want to share those with everybody." I tell him.

He rolls his eyes, "If you want snacks, get some. Why must I share it with you?"

Realization suddenly hit me. There's no point arguing with JK. We would go on and on about this all day and all I'm going to have is headache.

"Whatever, kid."

- - - - - - - - - -

"Who picked the meat?" Yoongi oppa asks.

"I did. JK said he doesn't do groceries." I tell him while raising my hand.

His brow shoots up, "He told you what? That kid."

Yoongi oppa takes a bag of meat and slices it into cubes. JK has the other pack of meat for grilling. I initially thought I would do the grilling but JK volunteered so I'm left with nothing to do. I'm not really good with cooking so I wouldn't dare butt in Yoongi oppa's business in the kitchen.

"Suji-ah, can you check on JK? Make sure we still have meat left to eat for dinner." Yoongi oppa throws a playful remark about his cousin.

"I think I should." I nod, laughing it off.

Mingyu 185 is calling

Sliding my finger on the screen, I place it on my ear. "Oh, Mingyu."

"Where are you?"

"We just got back and we're preparing for dinner. Why?"

"Nothing. Thought you might get bored."

"Wow. You sure know your timing." I mock at him.

"I am Mingyu, you know."

"I can't keep up with your confidence. You're really-

"Ya. Are you really going to stand there and talk over the phone?" JK calls out to me.

"No. I'm just-

"Who's that?"

"Guess who. Hey, I need to hang up. The prince needs my service."

"Go easy, Suji."

Mingyu laughs as I end the phone call. JK has his hand on his waist as he checks the chunks of meat on the grill. Once again, he lifts his head to look at me briefly. He points at the strips of meat on the table.

Whenever I'm around JK, the air becomes heavy. I don't know who is tensed between us. Maybe it's just the way it is. Maybe it's just really awkward around him. I tried to talk him out before but he's good at shutting down even my small talks.

"How do you like your steak?"

"With sauce." I blantly replied. He turned to me. I swear that he is about to roll his eyes over my answer.

"Are you for real? I mean-

"Well done. I like it well done." I chuckle at him. "You take it too seriously, JK."

-------

"That tastes like my Mom's." Placing my bowl on the table as I finish the Kimchi Stew.

Yoongi oppa smiles, taking another spoonful of his soup. No lie. It really tasted like the one my Mom usually makes when I'm not in a good mood. Tofu makes my Mom's more unique, I guess. I don't really eat out that much.

"Well grilled. I've taught you well." Yoongi oppa pats JK's shoulder.

JK shakes his head. "If you say so."

"Because your grilled meat is the best," He grabs JK's shoulder. "I will give you the privilege of washing-

"I'll do the dishes! You were all doing the cooking earlier so you can leave it to me." I smile at Yoongi oppa. "Go ahead and rest."

JK keeps the plates piled as I take the leftovers. Grabbing the used plates and utensils, I head towards the kitchen. I would be finished in no time and I can sleep still early too.

"You can go to bed, too, JK."

He stands by the counter for a few more seconds before he opens his mouth to talk to me.

"Jungkook." He mutters.

"What? I didn't catch that."

"It's Jungkook. You can call me Jungkook rather than JK."

---
A/N:

Hello! I know it has been months since I last updated and you guys are asking for updates. Sorry if it's too late. I had to find motivation to write. 😔 I'm still working on it! But don't worry, I'll be updating more often than the past months.

Thank you for keeping up with us!! ❤️

- ace