Chapter 3

"About time."Ms. Cho grabbed the brown envelop from my hands and stormed out of the building. Inside my head, I hoped she'd be nicer to me now that I have paid my rent. I wouldn't be able to complete my full payment for this one if it wasn't for Yoongi oppa. It was as if a fishbone was taken out from my throat and I could now breathe and be stress free until the next rent fee deadline.

My boss was nicer than what I expected of him. Oppa is a nice person. Maybe talking isn't just really his thing. He only asked me to go on our out-of-town photoshoots if ever we would get reservations for it since JK and I are the ones who are that knowledgeable in photography in the studio as of the moment. Although I'm pretty sure he used to take the photos himself because some of his shots are displayed in the studio, I never got the chance to ask him about it yet.

I don't have any issues with working with those kinds of photoshoots. My only concern is our head photographer. I've been there for more than a week now and he is still treating me as if I am nonexistent. Tell me, how do you even deal with that person? He rarely talks. Well, I've seen him talk to Yoongi oppa but to me? Man, I can count those moments with my two hands and it's still less than my fingers in total.

"You're quite a shameless woman." He blurted out as he was passing by me when I was about to enter the loft. He caught me dumbfound with what he said. I couldn't process what he just said because he's usually that rude. "Get in. Just because you got the money means you're gonna slack off."

Getting used to my daily dose of this man's rudeness. Oh god.

"I had to." I didn't want to explain the whole situation to him because I don't think he sincerely want to know why I asked for an advance and that will be just a waste of my time and energy.

He scoffed and said, "Yeah, right." Making his way out of the loft and straight to the studio. I only sighed as I walk after him.

"Ya, you-

"Good morning." Yoongi oppa's gummy smile greeted me as soon as I entered the studio. Good thing he's here. I probably wouldn't last long dealing with his cousin if it wasn't for him and for the sake of having a job.

The corners of my lips were like slowly being pulled upwards, forming a smile. "Good morning."

"How was it? Did your landlady get angry?"

"She's mad almost all the time but she's less mad when I gave my payment on time." I shrugged my shoulders, laughing it off. "I owe you big time, oppa. Thank you!"

He nodded his head, expressing his agreement. "Still, good to know. But you said yes. I'm keeping that in mind."

"I stay true to my words!" I lifted up my right hand as if I was taking an oath to show how serious I am.

I left the counter and went to the desk of JK where he was working. He glanced at me but continued his task on enhancing the photos he took the other day. Tonight is the deadline for his final output for that shoot and he seemed very serious on meeting that deadline that he started working on it as soon as he got here.

"Leave if you have nothing to say." His eyes were fixed on the screen in front of him. The mouse clicks were unbelievable. He was clicking rapidly. For a moment I asked myself whether he's editing photos or just playing some game.

"When will you stop being rude, though." I asked sincerely. "I'm trying to be nice to you."

"No one asked you to. Stop if you're tired. Don't expect me to be nice because you're being nice to me. That's not how it goes."

I snapped fingers and said, "That's the longest one you said to me."

"Leave." He asked coldly, pointing at the door.

"Fine, Rude Boy."

I was wrestling with my thoughts on how I should deal with that young man when a bubbly kid my attention She has bouncy curls and eyes that smiles together with her lips. The door wasn't closed properly and she was peeking through that gap. I found it extremely cute that she thought I wasn't able to notice her.

I slowly walked towards the door and peeked like she was doing. "Hey cutie." I called out.

Her eyes widened. Her gasp was too cute. I wanna stuff marshmallows in her mouth. She looked like a cute bunny. I opened the door and squatted in front of her and smiled. She was trying hard not to giggle but it shows on how she covers her mouth with both of her hands.

"What's your name?" I asked in a cutesy tone. Can't help it.

"M-My name..." She placed her index finger on her lips, thinking. "Jeong.."

"Jeong?"

"Jeong.." Her mouth was wide open, trying to say the next syllable of her name. But somehow, she couldn't.

"Should I call you Jeongie then?" I touched her hair, fixing her curls. She shook her head at first but suddenly nodded at me.

"Honey." Upon hearing the sweet voice, she gave me a good bye kiss and ran towards her mother who was talking with Yoongi oppa.

Sample shots from JK's portfolio was shown to them. They were nodding their head as they browse through his portfolio. After signing something, they head out of the studio.

"Say good bye to unnie." Her Mom said while pointing at me. Jeongie smiled and waved enthusiastically at me before clinging to her Mom on their way out.

I walked towards Yoongi oppa who was still writing something, "Do we have reservations today?"

"We don't have reservation today. But," He glanced the the calendar then looked at me. "Save your Saturday. We have an out-of-town photoshoot."

I leaned over the counter, "Really? Where?"

"Still finalizing the details but probably in Goyang."

Traveling and working. Oh, that would feel goooood. It would be like a short escape from my reality. Definitely what I need right now.

---
A/N: It took me a while before updating. I'm sorry. :( But still, I hope you're with me. This is somehow a filler.