Chapter 8

Hi all! This has gotten to number 17 on teen fiction! Thank you all so so much but please continue to vote and comment, I love hearing from you and it really motivates me to write! :)

A lot of people have been commenting and messaging me about when she will let Cooper in on her secret, it will be soon! I promise! This is kind of a filler chapter, mainly consisting of Miss Holdana but please let me know what you think, I needed to put this in here because the next couple of chapters are going to be one of the main parts of the book, thanks! :)

I was also thinking about doing a chapter in Cooper's POV, what would everyone think of that? Please comment and let me know :) anyway, enough with rambling, enjoy! :)

Chapter 8

I woke up in the morning to the dim light that was coming through the small window and the sound of Cooper’s soft snoring.

My throat let out a small groan when I tried to sit up and rub the sleep from my eyes. Crap, I’d slept here, not at home. He was going to kill me.

In a panic, I jumped up from the sofa and looked around frantically for my phone. I heard Cooper grumble something and he sat up, stretching and watching me in confusion.

“Well, good morning,” he joked, causing me to turn around and relax a little bit.

“Sorry, good morning,” I turned around and tried to look for my phone again but I couldn’t see it anywhere. Cooper sat up and ran his hand through his tussled hair before getting up and gently wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close to him. I looked up into his beautiful brown eyes before feeling his soft lips against mine, making me practically melt into his arms.

“What’s the matter?” He asked me in a hushed tone, so quiet that I could only just hear him.

“One, I can’t find my phone. Two, I’m going to be late for work and three, you have morning breath!” I squirmed out of his arms and he laughed, putting his hand to his face and trying to smell his breath. He crinkled his nose and grinned.

“Yikes, don’t suppose you have a toothbrush on you?” I found my phone wedged down the side of the sofa between the two cushions.

“No, sorry, it’s not really the type of thing I normally carry around,” I answered sarcastically, he grinned back at me whilst perching on the edge of the arm of the sofa.

He looked quite tussled, his shirt was all creased, which I guessed was from me sleeping on him and he had a majorly bad bed head, god knows what I looked like!

“One, you’ve found your phone. Two, I’ll call Dale to give us a lift to yours and three, I can’t really solve that problem without a mint.”

He crossed his arms over his chest and watched me with an amused expression. I walked over and stood in between his legs, resting my head on his chest and listening to his uneven and racing heart beat. He rubbed his hand on my back gently and pulled away concerned when I winced.

“Just let me have a look,” his voice was so soft, his expression was tender but I couldn’t let him see it.

“Like I said, it’s bandaged.” I pulled back a little, kissing his cheek when he looked upset.

“We need to get you home so you can do your shift,” I nodded, looking at the time on my phone. It was only eleven o’clock and my shift wasn’t until twelve.

I was just about to open my mouth to ask him about his car when the door burst open and Linda walked in with a phone to her ear. She looked at the pair of us with a confused expression and quickly finished her conversation on the phone, which by the way she was speaking, was with her husband.