Chapter 11

Okay, I know that I told some people that this would be the big chapter where Cooper finds out, but I decided to leave it for a little bit longer. Don't worry! It will happen soon, but I thought that Cooper and Ally need to get a little bit closer before it happens :) I would like to thank you all so so much for voting, commenting and adding to your library, it means a lot so please continue to do it :D Any-who, the next chapter may even be up tonight as I'm still writing, enjoy! :)

Chapter 11

“Come on, please? They really want to meet you!” Cooper’s voice was cracking through the phone so I decided to stop skating and rest my leg on the barrier by the side, stretching out my muscle.

Cooper and I had been going out pretty much every day for the past couple of weeks and we were closer than ever. I still hadn’t met his family though and he hadn’t met mine. Much to my relief

“Coop, I don’t know. What if they don’t like me?” I rested the phone on my shoulder as I leaned forward and touched the tip of my skate, feeling the muscle in my leg stretch.

“Ally! How could they not like you? You’re amazing! There’s nothing about you that’s not to like!” He exclaimed as I heard some sniggering in the background. Josh and Dale tended to laugh at him whenever he started getting all mushy with me.

I grabbed my phone again and pushed myself away from the barriers, the ice making a soft slicing sound beneath me.

“I’ll think about it,” I started but he cut me off.

“Allison Scythe, just come for dinner tonight, please?” his voice was getting desperate and if he was with me then he would’ve been giving me the puppy dog eyes, which always worked.

I sighed, trying to do a backwards crossover with only one arm before stopping because I knew that I would go straight on my bum.

“Okay, I’ll come.”

A smile stretched across my face, I did want to meet his family but my only worry was that once I met his, he would want to meet mine and I really didn’t want to risk that.

“Great! I’ll pick you up at four! I have a surprise for you by the way,” I grinned at the playful tone in his voice and slid gracefully over to the edge of the rink.

“What kind of surprise?” I cooed but I heard him tut at me.

“It wouldn’t be a surprise if I told you now, would it? You’ll have to wait and see!” I rolled my eyes and groaned, he knew how I felt about surprises.

“Give me a clue? Please?” I whined but I knew that he was shaking his head.

“Not a chance, Josh is on his way over now; I’ll see you at four,” I sighed, knowing that I wasn’t going to get him to spill and nodded.

“Sure, see you then!” I hung up and threw my phone at my bag; unfortunately it bounced off and hit the floor with a very unhealthy sounding ‘crack’.

I hopped up off the ice and winced as I bent down to grab it. The night before my dad wasn’t very happy and came home stinking of alcohol. I wasn’t quick enough getting up the stairs so he grabbed my ankle and tugged me down them. At the time I thought he had broken my tail bone, turns out, it was just really badly bruised and then my back started to resemble the colour of a plum.

I decided to try and practise the lutz jump. Miss Holdana had given me a book on ice skating and I had found lots of new jumps which would be ideal to try whilst waiting for Josh to show up.

As it happens, Josh didn’t forget that I said I would help him skate and had asked me the other day if I would help him out.

I turned around and started to skate backwards; I carefully lifted my leg behind me and bent my knee, pushing myself up from the ice. I only had a few seconds to spin three times before landing on my right blade and continuing the backwards skate until I could turn around again. It wasn’t easy.