Chapter 14 (Cooper POV)

Well hello again! :) Thank you all so much, I love reading your comments and messages to me, they really make me smile! :) As a few of you asked for it, here is another Cooper POV chapter! I'm sorry, this one is quite short, like the last one but they will get longer again in a bit! :) Thanks for reading, hope you enjoy, please vote and comment! :D Tell me what you think! :)

Chapter 14 (Cooper’s POV)

I still couldn’t believe it. My Ally, that beautiful girl that made my stomach flip whenever she looked at me, was abused. I had known something was up, but I wasn’t expecting that.

She didn’t really want to go into my house but I took her hand and led her up the path. I could feel her shaking beside me so I turned around and engulfed her in a hug.

“You’re brave Al, really brave, now please let us help you out of this mess,” I whispered and she nodded slightly so I took her up the rest of the path.

My dad would be able to help sort her bruises and cuts out, but I didn’t know what would happen after that. All I knew was as long as she was okay, I didn’t care.

When I pushed the door open and I heard my dad shout out to me, Ally froze again and I saw her gulp before following me through.

Her eyes were still puffy from where she had been crying and one side of her face was red, she told me that he had slapped her and I had struggled to control my anger. I wanted to go and ring the bastard’s neck.

“Dad!” I hollered, feeling Ally’s hand tighten in mine. I squeezed it quickly when I heard my dad reply from the kitchen.

“In here, Cooper!” Ally walked alongside me as we went into the kitchen to see my dad sat by the table with a newspaper.

“Is everything okay?” he asked, looking in between is both and I shook my head whilst Ally cowered against my side.

“No. Dad, we need your help with something,” I replied with a hushed tone, causing my dad to raise an eyebrow. He didn’t ask any questions as he got up and walked us to the living room.

He sat down on the arm chair and laced his hands together, looking at me patiently. Ally relaxed beside me under his gaze, it was friendly and open.

“Actually, I need your help with something, sir.”

Ally’s voice was strong and she pulled away from me, taking a deep breath.

“I’d be very happy to help you if I can, Allison, what’s the problem?” He asked her and I could see her judgement wavering.

“Maybe it would be best if I just went to the police.”

Ally was about to stand but I grasped her hand lightly, feeling her palm warm against my own. I shot a pleading look at my dad who now looked more concerned.

“Allison, I am happy to help,” my dad repeated, his voice as firmer and I think it must’ve given Ally support as she sat back down.

“I, um, my dad...abuses me, sir and I don’t know what to do. I’m scared,” she finished weakly but her posture still remained strong and there was a sense of pleading behind her eyes.

My dad sat forward again, looking at Ally with worry coating his eyes.

“How long has this been going on?” he asked her, his voice was surprisingly professional, but he did work as a doctor so had probably seen multiple cases that were similar to Ally’s.

“Seven years, I was ten when he started,” she replied so I sat back in the seat, keeping hold of her hand.

“I’m sorry,” he said sincerely before getting up and walking over to us so that he was stood in front of her. She looked up at him and he sighed.

“Have you got any scars, bruises or marks?” he asked, causing her to nod and stand up.

“Can I see them?”

Ally nodded, pulling the back of her top up and my dad winced when he saw the purple and green blotches that were etched into her skin.

He brushed his finger along a silver scar that was spread down her collar and shoulder bone to her side. She shuddered, glancing down at me as if she was ashamed. I wanted to wipe that expression from her face, anything to stop her being so scared and ashamed of what happened.

“We need to get you checked up, honey,” my dad’s voice was quiet and Ally nodded, pulling her top back down.

“I don’t want to see the police,” she said eventually after a few minutes of silence.

“You’re welcome to stay here for the night, but we do need to see a professional. For now, we need to take some pictures of your fresh injuries,” I had never seen my dad this professional before and Ally snapped her head in his direction.

“Why?” my dad sighed and I got to my feet, bringing her back to my side.

“We’ll need it for evidence. This may need to go to court, honey,” he replied, bringing out a camera.

“I don’t want to take him to court,” she said with a hint of sadness in her tone.

“This is a serious issue, Allison and you are amazingly brave for coming to us with this. You’ve made it this far, just let us go this little bit further.”

Ally seemed to sigh in defeat and reluctantly pulled her top up whilst my dad took some photos of her injuries and of her scars.

“Cooper!” I heard Lisa barrel down the stairs and she barged into the front room with a grin on her face.

“Mum said yes to Ally doing my hair!” Ally smiled and nodded.

“I’ll be happy to do it for you then.” Lisa grinned and I pulled Ally in for a hug.

“I’ll go and do it now, I need to take my mind off all of this,” Ally whispered before giving me a kiss and thanking my dad.

When Ally had disappeared upstairs, I collapsed on the sofa. My dad just sighed, dropping into the armchair and juggling the camera with his hands, he seemed distant so I just kept quiet.

“The worst things happen to the most amazing people, Cooper. I hate people like him, they make me sick,” my dad spat and I nodded in agreement.

“I know. I just want to help her get through this, Dad.” My dad nodded and moved to sit over next to me.

“She’s an amazing girl, Cooper. She’s strong and that’s hard to find in these cases, she needs you to be her rock through this. I’m going to call social services so they can arrest him and pick him up tomorrow.”

I nodded and my dad patted my back.

“We’ll need all the evidence that we can get. These things are hard to prove.” I sighed as my dad got up and started to walk out of the room.

“What about getting her a lawyer?” my dad nodded, pointing to his phone.

“I work with a guy that specialises in these cases, he should help us out. Don’t worry, son.”

My dad smiled and I got to my feet to hug him.

“Thank you,” I replied and he nodded, patting my back again and motioning upstairs.

“You’ve done well, now go and see your girlfriend, we’ll sort this out.”

I grinned and jogged up the stairs to see that Ally was painting some hair dye on the ends of Lisa’s hair and they were talking. The most important thing was that Ally was smiling.