24 - Decorations galore

"Harry!" I whine, attempting to pull him up off the sofa. "C'mon! Stop being lazy." He pulls his arm out of my grasp, making me fall back a little and almost lose my balance. I scowl at him as he chuckles, looking down again at his phone screen.

I stare at him a few seconds, watching as he goes back to kicking his feet up and relaxing. "Fine." I give in, set on decorating the house myself. "I don't need you."

As Harry sits there, completely unfazed by my words, I gather the many boxes we have which Harry thankfully already had gotten out of the loft last night. I understand completely that he's tired, he's just gotten back from a busy week away from work. But, I haven't seen him in awhile and I thought that decorating the house would be the perfect little activity to do so we can talk like we've always done. I guess this year I'm doing it alone.

Getting the tree up and out of the box was certainly the most difficult of it all. The damn seven foot thing towers over me and it nearly fell and crushed me twice. Harry found enjoyment out of it all, refusing to help again when I asked him.

Tinsel was on the mirrors, the outside lights were up and the small ornaments I've collected over the few years were up on display. The final thing to do was out the baubles on the tree.

It was horrible. Stood in the living room, decorating the tree without Harry. This is only our third Christmas together but decorating the tree is something we've done each year. It doesn't feel right. It still didn't stop me though, I love Christmas too much to not decorate because Harry's having a grinchy mood swing.

The only thing I despise about decorating the tree definitely has to be putting on the lights. I hate it. With a burning passion. But, Harry was still being a stubborn ass by this point and still wouldn't move off the damn sofa.

"And...done" I smile, standing back once hanging the final bauble on the tree. I turn back to Harry, frowning when I find that he's now asleep.

I know it's selfish of me to be feeling upset and let down, because I do understand how hard that Harry's been working. Maybe I should've just waited another day to out the decorations up and have a movie night or something with Harry, but he did say that he was free to do the decorating today because he has another meeting tomorrow. I don't know why I'm overthinking it so much, I just couldn't help but to wonder.

I place a blanket over Harry, turning the light off before turning in to bed. I didn't bother waking him, just in case he's still feeling a little moody. I really didn't want to be greeted with a moody Harry if I was to wake him up jut to tell him to come up to bed. It's just easier to leave him sleeping on the sofa, he's done it before, it's not unusual for us or anything.

Sleeping another night alone in our massive bed knowing Harry was downstairs and not hundreds of miles away killed me inside. It's been three weeks and now he's back, and yet he still isn't cuddled up next to me. It feels so wrong.

I lay, eyes staring at the ceiling as I struggle to sleep. Sure, I didn't sleep much when Harry was away because of the time difference so we'd usually Skype when it was early in the morning here but tonight's different. Harry's here, he's downstairs and I'm upstairs. It shouldn't be that way, I should have just woke him. Or slept on the sofa with him, that would've probably been the best idea.

So that's what I did.

I grabbed the thick duvet from mine and Harry bed, wrapping it around myself like a cloak as I slowly crept down the stairs. Surely enough, Harry was still passed out, the lights from the tree being the only think allowing me to see anything in the room.

Our sofa is quite wide, so there's no problem for me to slide in beside Harry. I cover the two of us in the duvet as I sink into the soft material of our couch, my face inches away from Harry's.

He stirs slightly in his sleep, his eyelids flickering before his eyes open, revealing the beautiful green colour behind them. I smile, caressing the side of his head where I play with the small chocolate curls of his hair.

I smile at him as he leans up unexpectedly, pecking my lips softly. "I'm sorry for being stubborn earlier." He apologises, his voice deep and raspy.

"No," I shake my head. "It's fine. I'm not gonna lie, because it did hurt my feelings but I can't imagine the amount of work you've had piled on you. I'm sorry for being selfish." I smile sadly, looking at Harry's lips as I speak.

He smiles softly, pulling an arm out to wrap underneath me so I can use it as a cushion. Harry pulls me close, me curling up to him and fitting perfectly like we're two puzzle pieces. Our legs tangle together in a knot, my head buried close to his chest.

"I missed you so much." Harry whispers, kissing my forehead. "I'd love to stay up and talk like we do, but I'm still really tired." He frowns as I tilt my head up to look at him.

"It's fine Harry." I laugh softly. "We have plenty of time to talk, I'm not letting you leave this house again after all." I get a cute chuckle out of him which only makes me smile again.

"Oddly, I'd be okay with that." Harry laughs, stroking his thumb softly over my cheek.

Silence falls between us, and I eventually let my eyes close, listening to the peaceful atmosphere of our living room. The only thing I can hear is the sound of Harry's soft breathing, his chest rising and falling at the side of me.

"I love you Y/N." Harry whispers. I would say it back, but he kisses me on the forehead one last time as he thinks I'm sleeping, so I don't ruin the moment. I love you too Harry. So damn much.