31 - Braids

Aghhh! I got tickets to Harry's arena tour next year and in so happy I can't even explain! I'm not trying to brag btw, I just wanted to tell you guyss :) I hope you enjoy! Please vote and comment xx

--------------------

"Y/N?" Harry called from the living room, his voice echoing throughout our new and barely furnished place. It was small but cozy, and certainly enough room for just me and Harry.

I rolled my eyes, placing down the cleaning supplies before slumping into him lazily. "Yes, Harry?" I questioned in as much of a positive and cheery tone as possible. Honestly, I'm trying my best not to lose it with him right now. Sure we just moved in and the whole process is tiring, but he's literally done nothing except sling boxes everywhere. He hasn't helped unpack, he hasn't cleaned nor has he set anything up. He simply fell onto the couch the minute the movers brought it here.

"Can I braid your hair?" He asked in the most serious of tones. I stared at him skeptically, wondering of this was some joke that he'd oddly find funny. Except, he didn't crack into a fit of laughter, nor did a smile break out onto his face. He remained...serious.

I stepped further into the room, folding my arms across my chest. "Uh, what?" I half chuckled as he sat up from his lounging position on the sofa.

"Well mine clearly isn't long enough anymore, and I want to try braiding myself." He shrugged, a cute smile tugging at his lips. In glared at him with narrowed eyes, his dimple becoming visible the wider that he smiled. He chuckled softly, looking even cuter as he ran his hand through his messy hair. "What?" He asked, wondering why I'm looking at him with confusion.

"Why don't you help clean up and then, if you really want to, you can braid my hair." I shrugged, yanking the rubber gloves back onto my hands as I began to walk back in the direction of the kitchen.

"Come on!" Harry whined, trailing in behind me to the kitchen. "Babe, it's eleven o'clock at night, why are you still cleaning?" He complained, jumping up onto the counter I just cleaned.

I scowled at him this time, genuinely feeling annoyed by him firstly jumping onto the counters I'm cleaning and then asking why I'm still working. "Maybe Harry, it's because you've done nothing except move the boxes in here! We've been here since nine this morning! All you've done is lounge on that stupid sofa all day!" I said, my voice no longer calm. How could he not see what he's doing?

"Y/N, you never asked me for help." He shrugged casually.

"So you just expect me to put everything away in the house? This isn't something which I should need to ask you to do Harry." My voice tapered off towards the end of the sentence, feeling upset more than angry anymore. This was supposed to be a happy day but right now it looks like one of us will be spending the night on the sofa.

I slid the gloves from my hands, tossing them carelessly into the counter before leaving the room. Hearing Harry call me name only made me want to be alone even more right now. I don't mean to act so moody on our moving day, though that's kind of hard when you're the only on ever King to make the house look presentable.

Once in the bedroom, I close the door and lay flat on my bed, staring blankly towards the ceiling. I honestly didn't intend to become so annoyed with Harry, he just kept pushing me further and further up until I couldn't not say anything to him.

"If I unpack all of my things now, can I braid your hair?" A soft voice spoke, to which I sat up immediately on the bed. When I was sat upright, I couldn't wipe the smile from my face. This boy...

I shook my head, standing to my feet before approaching Harry who remained stood in the doorway. With outstretched arms, I kept walking until I fell into his chest, smiling happily as he engulfed me into a very safe feeling embrace. "I'm sorry I was so mad..." I blurted out, wondering for a moment if he even heard me considering I had buried my head deep into his chest.

"You had every right to be." He replied simply, rubbing my back up and down in soft motions. "So...can I braid your hair?" He questioned again, causing me to laugh whilst pulling away from the hug so I could get a glimpse at his face.

I shrugged. "You don't have to unpack everything now, silly." I laughed quietly, shoving him playfully in the chest. "Just...promise that you'll help from now on?" I asked, smiling hopefully at him. He nodded, confidently saying the words: "I promise."

The two of us snuggled up into our pyjamas as I let my hair loose, sitting between Harry's outstretched legs as he braided my hair over and over into the early hours of the morning.