Doe Mathews (The Outsiders FF)

ATTENTION READERS!!!! So, my chapters were messed up for a long time but I'm prety sure I've fixed it. So, the chapters should be in order. If they're not, send me a message to let me know and if you can't wait on me to fix it because you're so excited (; (jk) the chapters are labled so you can skip to the right chapters. If the chapters are in order, then ignore any and all comments made by me about them being messed up. Anyway, enjoy! :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ALL CHARACTERS ARE S.E. HINTON'S. THE ONLY CHARACTER I OWN IS DOE

I injoyed the last few moments of the warm water glidding down my  light skin, before I turned the water off. I stepped out of the shower to dry my long, dirty blond hair and slip into my jeans and a black tank top. After I brushed my hair, I walked into the kitchen. My mom was no where to be seen and who knows where Tw-Bit, my big brother, is. Two-Bit's real name is Keith, but the whole gang calls him Two-Bit, so I thought I would, too. He is eighteen with side burns and can never seem to shut up. That's how he got his name.

There are six of us in the gang, not counting me or Two-Bit. There's Darry, Soda, Pony, Johnny, Steve, and Dally. We're all greasers, but that dosn't seem to bother us. I'd rather be a greaser than some stuck up Soc. Thery're the rich kids.

I got out a frying pan and sprayed it with cooking spray, before cracking an egg and letting it spread across. When Two-Bit comes home from whatever he's doing, I bet he'll be hungry, so I aint wasting any time.

I took out a fork and started beating the egg; he likes his scrambled. The more the fork sunk into the egg, the more the egg started to get fluffy and not as runny. I spread some salt and pepper across it. It smelt so good, I, almost, wanted to make Two-Bit get his own food and eat this, myself. But, that would be rude, so I kept fixing his breakfast. Before I could finish, someone was tickling me, from behind, making me drop my fork. I let out my horrible laugh and turned to glare at, guess who, Two-Bit.

"Two-Bit, I was making you breakfast! What the heck was that for?" I demanded as he laughed his hard head off.

"I couldn't resist!" He chocked out, while gasping for air. I slapped his arm and put the fork in the sink.

"It's a good thing you're cleaning the kitchen." I told him. He stomped his foot and plopped on our couch.

"I'm going to Pony's after breakfast, wonna come?" He asked, over the TV. I thought for a minute while going back to cooking. Do I really want to go hang out with his friends? They're all boys. . . I always hang out with Pony and Johnny, so I guess It wouldn't hurt.

"Sure." I shrugged. "Why not?" I heard Two-Bit's keys rattling in the air as he sat at the small table we have.

"I'll drive." He smiled.

"I'll walk." I said, pushing his eggs onto a white plate and pooring him some milk and me some orange juice. I really didn't want to ride in his crappy car.

"You'll ride." He ordered.

"I'll pass." I told him, giving him his plate and milk. I took my drink and sat across the table from him.

"Doe!" He exclaimed.

"What?" I asked.

"You will ride." He demanded. "The Socs have been spotted all over town. Do you still have your blade?" I felt my back pocket for the switch blade that I got for my 13th birthday. I'm 15, now.

"Yes." I stated, taking a long sip from my glass.

"Good." He said, taking a bite of his eggs.

"Then I can walk, right?" I asked, smiling.

"No." He snapped, his mouth full. I frowned.

After he was done, I chugged my drink down and hopped in the front seat of his car. I layed my head on the seat and closed my eyes. I already knew this was going to be a long ride. But, my head hit the radio in only minutes, meaning we were there. When I closed the door behind me, Steve and Soda walked out of the door, their DX shirts on.

"Hey, Doe!" Soda smiled. He's so handsome. Not your ordinary handsome, I mean really handsome.

"Hi, Soda. You headed to work?" I asked.

"Sadly, yes." Steve answered for him. "Don't worry, we'll be back in a while."

"Joy, joy." I smiled. He rolled his eyes while Soda chuckled.

"See ya." Soda said. Him and Steve walked out of sight and I opened the door to see Dally on the couch with Johnny in the middle of him and Pony and Darry was in the kitchen, cooking. Two-Bit walked in, from behind me, and turned on the TV. Of course, it was Micky Mouse. When he layed on the couch, I shut the door.

"Hey, Two-Bit." Darry called, from the kitchen. "Where's Doe?"

"Here!" I called. Pony looked up from a book he was reading to smile at me.

"Hey, Doe." He said. Johnny looked up, as well.

"Hey, Pony. Hey, Johnny. Hey, Dally." I said, all in one breath.

"Hi, Doe." Johnny's voice was scratchy and I noticed a scar on his cheek.

"Sup?" Dally didn't look up from the TV and I sat on the arm of the couch, beside Ponyboy.

"What'cha reading, Pony?" I asked.

"Some book I have to do a report on." He groaned. I smiled. Pony and Johnny were the nicest boys in the gang, to me. Soda's nice, too. Darry's alright, sometimes. Everyone else likes to pick on me and dosn't really understand me as much as they do.

"Hey, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and Johnny to the drive-in." Pony said.

"Sure." I agreed.

"Great, is seven alright?" He asked.

"Seven is fine." I grinned. He smiled and went back to reading.

"I hope you're done with your homework by seven, Pony. Or no movie." Darry came into veiw.

"I will be." Pony didn't look up. Darry hit Two-Bit, with a towel, in the gut. "Move over." Two-Bit sat up and Darry sat beside him.

"Darry, what time is it?" I asked.

"Around six." He guessed.

"Then I'm gonna go get ready." I announced, standing. Two-Bit joined me at the door.

"I'll take you back." He assured me.

"Kay, see ya at the drive-in, Pony!" I called, as the door shut behind me; and the last thing I saw, in the house, was Ponyboy, smiling to himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------