Lunch (Chapter 12)

It has been, or so it seemed like, forever sense I saw Soda. Okay, so it's only been 24 hours, but I can't help it!

I packed two bags of lunch, one for Soda and one for Steve, and started for the door. I found Two-Bit laying on the couch, mouth open and snoring. I just tried my hardest not to wake him as I slipped out the door.

When I was on the streets, I started to run. Nothing good happens in the morning, you know.

When I reached the DX, I went around the building and saw Sodapop fixing some sort of part of a car and Steve was underneath a Mustang, obviously fixing something as well.

"Hey, Soda." I sang. He looked up to smile at me.

"Hey, Doe." He rapped his strong arms around my small body and I could hardly breath.

"Soda, I need air!" I chocked. He unrapped his arms and placed his hands in mine.

"Gag." I heard Steve say as he slid out from under the car.

"You're just jealous!" I chuckled. He rolled his eyes and I handed Sodapop his lunch.

"I thought you might be hungry." I told him. He took it and sat down in his chair.

"Don't I get one?" Steve gave me the puppy eyes.

"Duh." I pulled out his bag. "I had to bring you something or you would chew on the cars." He frowned and snatched the bag out of my hand while Soda laughed with his mouth full.

"Well, I should be going. Two-Bit will be wondering where I am." I announced.

"Bye." Said Steve as he munched on his food.

"Bye. I'll come by after work." Soda planted a kiss on my cheek and I took the color of his shirt and planted my lips on his. I pulled away and smiled, turning my back on them and heading down the street. I didn't feel like running, so I started in a slow walk. Ah. . . Soda. . . How I wished his warm, soft lips could have stayed on mine for just a little while longer. . .

Before I could think of anything else, a red Mustang pulled up beside me and three guys got out.

"Well, hello there, pretty thing." The dark headed one smiled, way too friendly. I took a step back and my body was pressed agenced a brick wall.

"What do you want?" I demanded, harshly.

"Oh, well I think we need to teach you some manners. Huh, boys?" The two blond boys smiled in reply and I thought about running. Then, I remembered my blade. I rubbed my hand on my back pocket and felt emptyness. Crap. I must have left it at home. . .

The two blonds had me on my back before I could run and the dark headed boy sat on top of me. My arms were pinned to the ground, so I couldn't fight back. Then, the dark headed boy slapped me across the face. Hard. My cheek stung so bad, I thought it would swell up. Then, he pulled out a blade. I could die here, I thought. I started moving my body, trying to get him off me, but it was no good. In fact, it only made things worse. He, then, took the the tip of the blade and cut my right arm, just below the shoulder. I winced at the pain, hopping he would have had enough and leave, but he didn't. Instead, he punched my mouth and I tasted blood.

"HEY!!!!!!!" I heard someone yell. I turned my head, as best as I could, and saw Sodapop and Steve running to my rescue. I sighed as the weight of the boy was lifted off me and one of my arms where free. Then, I punched the other blond in the nose and heard a crack. I stood and kicked him in his knee, which made him fall to the ground.

"C'MON, BOYS!!! LETS GET OUT OF HERE!!!!!!!" The dark headed one pleaded. Before I knew it, the Mustang had driven off and Soda's arms where around me, again.

"Oh, Doe! Are you okay? What did those stupid Socs do to you?!" His words rushed out.

"They cut me and my lip is busted." I cryed into his chest. Then, he looked into my eyes, his brown ones dark and cold.

"Cut? Where?" He asked. I pointed to my shoulder and his eyes widened.

"Darry will fix you, don't worry." He soothed, rapping an arm around my shoulders and being careful not to disturb the cut.

"She okay?" I had forgoton Steve was there.

"Yeah." I said weekly. I started to feel dizzy.

"Soda?" I asked.

"Yeah?"

"How did you know I was being jumped?"

"A dark headed Soc came and told us. What was his name? Randy? He used to be Bob's friend." Randy? Randy warned them? Huh, I guess he wasn't a bad guy, after all. Then, the world started spinning.

"Soda? We almost there?" I asked, feeling weaker.

"Yeah, just a couple more minutes, hold on."

"Soda, everything is spinnig."

"I know, hold on, Doe. We're almost there." I couldn't hold on any longer. But, somehow, I managed to get in the house and on the couch before darkness swallowed me.