All Alone (Chapter 10)

I walked back to them and tried to calm down. Hopefully, they were talking about something else. But, Soda looks really angry. I've never seen him angry. Unless some Soc was jumping me or anyone else in the gang.

"Hey, guys." I faked a smile.

"Doe, did you tell Pony you love him?" Soda demanded. Oh. No.

"Uh. . . Well. . . I-I. . . Uh. . ."

"You did, didn't you?" He asked. I was speachless.

"Look, until you figure everything out, I'll be alone." He started to walk away, but I took his arm in my hands.

"Soda, wait!" I called.

"Don't worry, Doe. I'll wait. I just hope you can find the answer before you're too late." And, with that, he left me standing. I turned to Pony, who just shook his head and went inside. When I turned around, I remembered Steve was standing there and he rapped his strong arms around my small body.

"Steve, I don't know what to do." I said. "I want my brother!"

"Okay. I'll go talk to them and you can go home. I'll come check on you later. You dig?" He offered.

"Okay." I nodded. He went inside and I started walking. It was really cold, so I stuck my hands in my jean jacket. What do I do? I'm in love with two different boys who happen to be brothers. How do you choose?

Then, a blue mustang pulled up beside me and slowed down. I tried to ignore him, but he kept following me.

"Hey, Greaser!" The boy called out. I remember that voice. But, from where?

"Hey, girl! Come here!" He called again. I don't have time for this. I turned on the heels of my feet to face him.

"Look, I really don't want to put up with this Greaser vs. Soc crap. So, just beet me and let's get this over with." I knew that boy. . . The movie! When me, Johnny, and Pony went to the movies, he jumped us! His name was. . . Randy! And his friend's name was Bob.

"Do you remember me?" He asked, stepping out of his car.

"Yeah. You're that stupid Soc that slapped me the night I was trying to go home." I snapped. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah, I did that." It was silent for a while. "Can you sit?" I thought about saying no. Could I say no? Duh. But will I say no?

I rolled my eyes and sat in the passenger side of his car. When he sat beside me, he didn't try anything smart like driving away or beating me to death. We just sat there.

"Look, can you tell your friend, Ponyboy, that I'm not going to the rumble next week?" He asked. I had forgotten about the rumble. I mean, it's not like I can fight or anything.

"Sure, Randy." I said. "I'll see ya." I got out of his car and started walking, again, before he called to me again.

"Hey, what's your name?" He asked, starting his car.

"Doe." I told him. "My name is Doe." He smiled.

"I like it."

"Thanks." Then, I walked to my house. Two-Bit was sitting on the couch, watching TV, and he looked up at me when the door shut.

"Hey, Doe. Have a good night sleep at the Curtis' house?" He asked, a slight smile on his face. Curtis. The last name of the two boys I'm in love with. The last name of the two boys that hate me.

"What's wrong?" He stood. Crap, I must be tearing up. I shook my head a burried my face in his chest.

"Oh, Two-Bit! I don't know what to do!" I cried. He stroked my long hair.

"Want to tell me what happened?" He lead me to the couch and I told him everything. Soda saying he loves me. Pony saying he loves me. Soda getting mad at me. Randy talking to me. Everything.

"Why don't you go to your room for a little while and I'll come see you in a second. It's getting late." I nodded.

"Oh, and Steve might be comeing by to check on me." I mention, walking back to my room.

"Okay." He nodded. I layed on my bed and let the rest of my tears come out. When I was finished acting like a baby, I saw the full moon shining through my window. I have to make a choice. Ponyboy. Or Sodapop. I have to decide right now. I'll have to tell them my choice tomorrow. I'll be all alone if I don't make a choice. Ponyboy. Or Sodapop.

"Which will I choose?" Who was I talking to? I smiled. I guess the moon.