Ponyboy's Wishes (Chapter 21)

(Ponyboy's point of veiw)

I woke up to the sound of loud snorring and saw Two-Bit with his mouth wide open and his eyes closed. Then, I noticed I was shirtless and Doe was wearing my shirt. Then, I remembered I let her wear it. It fit. Wow. Is that strange or what?

It stood and covered her up, with my blanket, and kissed her forhead. She looked so peacefull when she slept.

I put on a shirt and walked out the door, making sure to not leave the door open like Doe did. I smiled as I remembered that day.

I walked to school with no trouble, until I saw Cherry, with Randy. She looked at me and started walking my way, but I turned the other way and walked in the school building. Now that I think about it, I'm glad Cherry said no to me. That gives me a better chance to be with Doe. I know she's dating my brother, but I can't shake the feeling that she might feel something for me, too. I can hope, can't I?

(Doe's point of veiw)

Oh, my neck was hurtting so bad! I leaned up and saw that Ponyboy had already left for school. Wait, school? Cherry Valence goes to the same school as Pony. I, quickly, stood and ran out the door. But, soon stopped because I left the door open. I shut the door and ran to the school. I hid in the bushes, because I wasn't aloud on school grounds, and waited. School should be endding, soon. After sitting there for a long, long time, I saw Ponyboy walking out of the school, but Cherry wasn't anywhere to be seen. I sighed. Maybe she, finally, gave up.

I thought too soon. As Pony was walking away, he got cornered by Cherry and Randy.

"Pony, will you let me explain?" Cherry asked. Stupid Soc! I told her to stay away from him. Pony didn't say anything. Good, Pony. Keep quiet.

"Pony? Please?" Cherry pleaded. I stood and cupped my mouth with my hands.

"Hey, Pony!" I called. All three of them turned to face me and realef flashed across Ponyboy's face. He ran up to me and I put my hands on my hips.

"Ready to go home?" I asked, smilling. He grinned back.

"Yeah." We started walking back to his house. When we were almost home, he whispered.

"Thanks for that." I smiled.

"No problem." I told him. And I ment it.

(Ponyboy's point of veiw)

I held her hand on the way home and I couldn't help but wonder if this ment something. I mean, we always hold hands, but this felt different. It felt. . . Right.

When we got home, she let go of my hand and I wished I could just take it back, but we were inside and Soda greeted her with a hug.

"Where were you?" He asked, her hair blowing as he breathed.

"I went to get Ponyboy from school." She explained. He looked at her.

"Don't scare me like that." He smiled. Then, their lips conected. As much as I hated to admit it, it hurt to watch the picture in front of me. I wanted to be Soda there. For just thoes five seconds, I wanted to be my brother.

"Hey, no kissing in the living room." Darry hit Soda's head with a news paper. I didn't look up and I, quickly, walked to my room and shut the door, behind me. But I knew that wouldn't keep the feelings away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No one has asked for any point of veiws, yet, but, if you want one, just ask.

I thought I'd get Pony's idea of things out and, even though the chapter was short, I hope you all liked it!! What do you think will happen? Will Ponyboy tell Doe how he feels? Will she and Soda be together forever? Where has Steve been? When is Johnny getting out of the hospital? All of these questions will be answered, soon!! :)