Chapter 1

First chapter! Yay!
________________________________________________________

I wake up as my alarm goes off, shaking the entire bed.  Grumbling, I get up and turn off the alarm clock.  I reach for my cochlear implants and put them on my head.

"Good morning, Ms. Stark.  Your dad wants to talk to you in the living room," JARVIS speaks from the ceiling.  Not in the mood to really use my voice, I sign back, acknowledging the computer that I got his message.  I look into my closet and pull out a simple blue t-shirt, jeans, and boots.  After changing quickly, I make my way to the living room and see my dad.  JARVIS alerts him to my presence.

"Julie, we need to talk about something," my dad says, signing at the same time.  I can sense that something is not quite right, judging on how his voice sounds.  Upon sitting down, I see a cluster of files on the holographic desk.  I look at the files, and notice one that catches my attention.  I reach over and open the file.

"Dad? Is this the Tesseract that you have told me about?" I ask, looking at my dad for an answer.

"Yes."

"What happened to it?"

"Went missing.  Director Fury asked me to come back to S.H.I.E.L.D., and he has requested me to bring you along as well.  He said that you don't have to, but he feels that you would be of some use, considering what happened to you when you were little."

He was referring to the Super Soldier serum that coursed through my veins.  I was kidnapped when I was young, so I do not know what really happened to me, but I do remember the name of the liquid they injected into my system for some reason.  Unfortunately, the serum messed up my hearing to the point where I was profoundly deaf.  I do not know the full extent of my abilites, but I have a feeling that my dad is hiding something from me.

I scan the rest of the files, and another one catches my eye.  It says Captain Steven Grant Rogers. Curious, I open the file and was skimming through it when I realized something.

"Dad... How come you never told me about this guy?" I say as I send the file over to him through the air.

"You will get to meet him later," he says as he puts the file down.  I look at him warily.  I just sigh and get up to start my day, which consits of either helping my dad out in the shop or working my horse.  Yes, I do have a horse.  I'll tell you more about him later.