Chapter 7: New Power

Steve and I march along the hall, his hand intertwined with mine.  He had the gun in his other hand.

"I can't believe Fury would lie to all of us about this!" Steve mutters angrily.

"I'll agree with you on that," I answer.  I was struggling to stay calm though, because I had a secret that even I did not really know what it was, I knew that if I lost control of my anger that I may be putting everyone on the ship in danger.  We arrive at the lab.

"What is Phase 2?" Dad asks just as Steve and I walk in.

"Phase 2 is this," Steve says as he set the gun down on the table. "Sorry, computer was moving a little slow for me."

"Phase 2 is what S.H.I.E.L.D uses to make-" Fury began but was cut off.

"Weapons?  You were using the Tesseract to make weapons of mass destruction?  Of all people, you should know better than to do that!  Dad used to be in that business until he became Iron Man!" I snapped.

"Why did you do that?" Steve shot back at Fury.

"Because of him." Fury answered, pointing to Thor.

"Me?" Thor exclaimed.

"Last year, we had a visitor from another planet level a small town.  We discovered that not only are we not alone- we are hopelessly, hilariously outgunned."

"Yeah, because having a nuclear weapon calms everything right back down," Dad sasses.

"Remind me how you made your fortune, Mr. Stark," Fury growled at Dad.

"ENOUGH!" I roar.  The room goes silent.  Everyone is staring at me, and some of them goes for their guns.

"Julie... Look at what you have in your hand..." Steve says with a edge of fear in his voice.  I look and realize that I had Loki's scepter in my hand.  I gulped and put it back on the stand quickly.

"I don't know what came over me..." I trail off.

"Julie.  Your eyes changed color.  One was all brown, but the other was still blue, but it was a much lighter shade of blue."  Steve informs me.  Then a explosion goes off, knocking me to the floor.  I groan in pain and anger, mad at whoever caused the explosion.  I saw a big hole in the floor and saw that Bruce was transforming into the Hulk.

"Julie are you alright?" Steve asks, alarmed.

"Get out.  I don't know how much control I have over this thing..." I say in a deeper voice.  I groan in pain as I felt everything change.  I hear Hulk roar below me, and I try my best not to do the same, but the pain was too great.  I let out a earsplitting roar that shook the entire ship.  Finally the pain ended.  I opened my eyes, realizing that I had complete control over the other guy.  I get up, and realize that I am half horse.  I had the upper body of a man, but the hind legs of a horse.  I slowly get up, trying not to hit my head on things.  I reach up to rub my head, and discover that I have the head of a horse.  Slowly, I look at my own reflection and realize who I looked like.

I looked exactly like my horse that I had several years ago.

Shaking my head, I walk along the hall, looking for the others.  I listen carefully and I can hear Steve and Dad in the distance.  I reach the engine that had been blown up, and see a bunch of guys shooting at someone outside.  I let out a low snarl, causing them to turn around.  They scream in fear and jump off the carrier.  I step out to see what was going on, grateful that I could finally stand up to my full height.  I spot Steve struggling to get back on the ship, and when he does, he reaches for a red lever.  He pulls it all the way, then collapses on the floor.  After a few moments, he notices me.