Chapter 10: The Aftermath

AN: Last chapter of the book!  BUT there will be a sequel!!  Not sure when the sequel will come out, but it may be sometime this spring!

(STEVE'S POV)

We had all arrived back at the carrier, tired and wore out from the battle.  I notice that Julie has a nasty gash on her arm.

"Julie?  You have a big cut on your arm," I point to her arm.  She looks at me confused, then looks.  Her face pales and then quickly puts her arm down, but in doing so, she winces slightly.

"Let me clean that up," I say softly.

"It needs stitches," she replies.  She heads to the hospital ward, and I follow her.  She sits down on a hospital bed.  She looks at me and raises an eyebrow at me.

"What?" I say, confused.

"You're all cut up.  And you have a scrape on your side," she answers.  "Let them take care of you."

"Actually... I would rather let you do that instead of the doctors.  I've seen how you take care of Stormy when he gets hurt.  Honestly, I think you do a better job," I whisper so the doctors do not hear me.

"Alright, whatever.  You're stubborn," she teases me.

"Hey!  You're just as stubborn too!" I exclaim.

"Hmm.  I wonder who is the most stubborn on the team."

"Probably your dad."

"I think you're right.  Even I can't convice him to listen to me.  He will only listen to his girlfriend," she rolls her eyes at the last part.  It only takes the doctor a few minutes to treat her wound.

"Come on, let's take care of you," Julie walks towards me and intertwines her fingers with mine.  We walk to a room that has what looks like medical supplies in it.

"Who does this room belong to?" I ask her.

"Me.  I help out the vet here on the carrier.  He gave me this room so I would have somewhere quiet to work.  Usually it's Stormy that visits this room, but I do get my fair share of other patients."  She rummages through her cabinents, gathering things.

"But you're not an actual vet yet..." I trail off, confused.

"You do forget that I'm Tony Stark's adopted daughter?  I already finished my undergraduate.  I'm going to vet school this fall, I hope," Julie sets the medical supplies on a table.  "Sit on that table there please."

I sit on the table that Julie is pointing at.  She presses a button and the table moves.  I yelp in surprise.  She laughs.

"You're just too adorable."

(JULIE'S POV)

Steve is now sitting where I can easily clean up the cuts on his face.  After spending a few minutes treating the cuts on his face, I set down the medicine.  I sigh as I glance at the scrape on his side.

"Steve, I'm going to have to ask you to take your shirt off so I can clean up that scrape on your side.  I'll look away if that will make you feel a little bit more comfortable," I request before I turn around.  I hear him sigh a little.  I hear a loud noise, like velcro ripping apart, then a zipper.

"Alright." Steve says, and I turn around.  He is blushing a little bit.  I laugh to myself, because Steve tends to get embarssed easily.

"How did you get that?" I ask.

"A Chitauri tried to shoot me, only grazed me instead."  He winces a little bit as I clean the scrape.

"Sorry." I whisper.