Chapter 9: Avengers Assemble!

AN: I have chosen the couple name for Steve and Julie!  It is.........

STEVIE!

And the battle scene is kind of changed up a bit, FYI

(Steve's POV)

After putting Stormy away,  Julie and I wander around the carrier.  I was surprised that she had the courage to ask me to be her boyfriend, but I couldn't be any happier.  We came to the spot where the cage that held Loki was missing.  Tony was standing there, staring at the spot where Coulson had been killed.  I walked up behind Julie and wrapped my arms around her.  She leans back into me, resting her head on my chest.

"Was he married?" I ask Tony.

"There was a cellist, I think." Tony replies.

"He seemed like a good man."

"He was stupid."

"For believing?"

"He shouldn't have taken Loki on alone.  He should have waited."

"Dad!" Julie exclaims.  Tony ignores her.

"He hit us right where we all live.  Why?" Tony questions.

"To drive us apart?" I answer.

"Exactly.  Divide and conquer.  He's a full-tilt diva.  We caught his act in Stussenberg."

Julie and I both nod in agreement. 

"That was just previews.  This is opening night.  He wants flowers, parades, a monument built to the sky with his name plastered..." Tony trails off, realizing something.  Julie and I give him 'the' look.

"Son of a bitch!" Tony mutters as he walks past us.

"I need to go get Stormy.  It's time to teach Loki a lesson or two," Julie says as she turns around in my arms.

"Meet you at Stark Tower?" I ask.

"Yep," she says right before she kisses me. "See you there."

(JULIE'S POV)

I ran back to the stables as fast as I could.  I pressed a button on my watch, and as I ran, I felt my armor encase my body.  I was grateful that I had the serum in me because my armor weighs close to 500 pounds, fully loaded.  I reach the stables, and the first thing I do is run into the tack room to retrieve my saddle and gear. 

"Stormy!  It's time to go to work!" I call out to him.  He pokes his head over the stall door and nods his head in understanding.  I open the door and quickly saddle him.  I was about to grab his halter when I decided that he didn't need one.  I trusted him enough to not run away from me.  I quickly swing into the saddle, and I press a button on the saddle.  A thin sheet of armor slides across Stormy's body.  I see a door open, and I can see that it is the way out.

"Hyah!" I cry as Stormy lunges forward, running to the door.  Then I realize that there is no ground beneath us.  Uh-oh.  Without thinking, I get off him and grab him so he doesn't fall.  I fly way from the carrier as fast as I could.  After a few minutes, I spot a place to land.   I set Stormy on the ground, then I land on top of him.

He turns around, and he charges forward, jumping over and around anything and everything.  I can see my home in the distance, and I urge Stormy to run as fast as he can.

It only takes us ten minutes to cover the distance.  It would have taken an oridinary horse 3 hours, but my Stormy is no ordinary horse.  We arrive in front of the tower, sliding to a stop.