Mysophobia

Mysophobia ~ Fear of Germs

"Don't touch me!" Darcy shouted. Crane sighed in aggravation before yanking her up by her arm and slamming her on the metal table.

He strapped her down tightly. She broke into full out laughter and he growled at her.

"What's so funny?" he snapped.

"Your futile attempts at being this supreme, overpowering dominant man. You crave power. That's why you enjoy the fear toxin. Of course you respect the power of the mind, but there's that part of you that didn't have control as a child. So you make up for it now."

He sneered at her in response. "I may not know your childhood yet, but I can read some quirks about you. A psychosis, if you will," he said filling a syringe with liquid. "You have a tragic back story. One you trust no one with. It's made you cold and you mask any feeling at all with mockery. As though you feel nothing at all. But I think you feel." He walked towards her flicking the syringe and bending down to her face. "Now...let's see what you fear."

He drove the syringe into her arm and injected the liquid. First she craned her neck as if it were a nervous tick. "You upped the dosage," she said.

"How do you feel?" he asked.
"Bored," she said. He sighed in aggravation and then unstrapped her.

"Our sessions will continue, my guinea pig," he crooned running his hand across her cheek. She yanked her head away. "It's time for lunch."
><><><><><><><><><><><><
"Darcy!" Riddler smiled as she sat at his table.

"What the hell is this?" she asked moving the food on her plate around with her spoon.

Riddler chuckled to himself. "That's the hardest riddle of them all. They say it's food. I'm not quite sure I believe them."

"Hiya guys!" Harley smiled sitting down. "What'cha doin'?"

"Eating?" Darcy questioned. "How'd you guys get caught?"

"Bank robbery," Riddler said. "Batman decided to crash the party."

"Same," Harley said. "Puddin got away. Mr. J's gonna be coming here soon, though. To get me out. You guys wanna come?"

"Sure," Riddler said. "Just let us know the time and place."

The door to the cafeteria opened and in waltzed Crane. He glanced over at Darcy, continuing route to a guard. They exchanged words and he stood there staring around.

"Johnny boy's the worst of em' all," Harley said.

"What's his story?" Darcy pried.

"He had a-"

"Darcy!"

Darcy closed her eyes in annoyance and slowly turned to face the voice.

A man in his mid-thirties stood there. He was a burly, muscular man.

"Greg," she said leaning her back against the table. "What a pleasure. How can I help you?"

"You know what you can do for me, you whore," Greg spat.

Darcy stood to her full height and cracked her neck.

"You really don't wanna pick a fight with me," she hissed. "Especially not today, darling."

He poked her shoulder. "What are you gonna do about it?"

She went to turn away but quickly spun back and punched him hard on the nose.

He stumbled back, clutching it, trying to stop the flow of blood.

"You Bi-" She landed a hard kick to his head and he landed on the ground with a thud, unconscious.

"Patient 62442, put your hands in the air!" a guard shouted. She turned to the three guards that stood in front of her and cracked her knuckles.

"Let's do this."

First guard she kicked back, knocking her into the table. Second guard she elbowed between the knees. He doubled over in pain and she kicked off his back wrapping her legs around the third guards neck and twisting around, knocking him out.

She stood there for a few minutes taking deep breaths

She turned around to feel a shock run through her veins and her body go numb. She fell to the ground with the first guard holding a taser up.

"Not again," Darcy whispered before her world went black.