Ballistophobia

Ballistophobia- Fear of missiles or bullets.

Darcy sat at the park bench staring at the sun through her sunglasses. She let her skin soak up the rays til the bench shifted as a man sat beside her.

"I remember when you were that young." He stared at the children playing on the monkey bars and swing on the swings."You were unlike any other child. You were special. Very special." He turned his head to look at her. "Hello Rosie."

"Ra's."

"It's been a while."

"That was the point."

He gave a slight smile. "I see we can bypass all pleasantries then. Good. I'm here to negotiate. You can come back with me willingly. Or you can watch me rip out the throats of all the people you care about."

"You plan to kill them either way."

"How do you figure, my little flower?"

She winced at the nickname. "You plan to poison the water system. You want Gotham City gone."

He chuckled to himself. "I see you haven't lost your intelligence. Or your stubborness, which can also be percieved as stupidity."

"Percieve it as what you want. I'm going to protect this City."

He stood up, buttoning his jacket and squinting at the sky. "Yes . . . stupidity. You will return to me, Rosie. Willingly or not. You belong to me and you need that reminder."

With that he left and she rolled her eyes, pulled out her phone and called Bruce.

"Yes?"

"He's gonna poison the water."

"How do you know?"

"I have reliable sources."

"Do you know when?"

"Soon," she said. "We're gonna need to act soon."

"Come over tonight and we'll devise a plan of action."

"Alright. I'll bring pizza."
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Darcy stepped into her apartment and closed the door to have a hand clasp over her mouth and firmly press her against the wall.

Edward smiled at her and pulled away.

"Ed, what the crap?"

"Sorry," he said. "I just wanted to see how you were doing?"

"So you break into my apartment?"

"It seemed logical at the time."

"Of course." She gave a small smile and hugged him. "I'm good. You want something to drink?"

"Coffee would be great!"

"Sure thing, riddles."

She grabbed two mugs and made coffee for him and tea for herself. They sat at the counter.

"So how's it going?"

"It's okay."

"Have you found Ra's Al Ghul yet?" Edward asked curiously.

"In a way," she said, running her hand through her hair. "I know he's here. I've spoken with him. But I don't know when he plans to attack and that scares me." Edward reached out and grasped her hand.

"It'll be okay. I-"

There was a knock at the door. Darcy stood and opened it to reveal Jonathan. "Johnny, how are you feeling?"

He smiled at her. "Better."

He looked over at Edward, who had stood to his feet and was frowning at him.

"Nygma," Crane greeted annoyed.

"Jonathan," Nygma said coldly. Darcy closed the door as the two men stared each other down.

"You two okay?" she asked.

"What are you doing here?" Edward asked.

"I could ask the same about you?" Crane spat.

"I came to talk with Darcy and see how she was doing because I care."

Darcy was standing between them looking suspicious.

"You arrogant little-" Crane was cut off as Darcy saw a red dot appear on his chest and one on Edward's. In a flash she kicked Edward. He fell to the floor as the bullet missed him. And she pushed Jonathan, but the bullet dug itself into her shoulder and she stumbled back, hissing in pain.

They rushed to her side. Crane applied preasure to her wound as Riddler elevated her head.

"Oh, dear," Edward said worriedly. He was panicking. "What do we do? We can't take her to a hospital!"

She grasped Nygma by the collar. "Bruce Wayne," she whispered and felt her eyes roll back and darkness consume her.