Athazagoraphobia

Athazagoraphobia ~ Fear of being forgotten.

Everyone stood still, holding their breath.

Nothing happened. Ra's looked around in confusion.

Then a loud speaker came through the building.

"Hello, boys and girls!" the british accent laughed.

"What the hell is going on?" Ra's protested.

"I'm sure you're all wondering why your precious Gotham is not going, kaboom! Well, I may have killed off all the rest of the League, aaanndd disabled the bombs, along with the water poison."

Ra's stumbled back. "This can't be."

"Oh, believe me, it can."

Ra's went to run, but a figure emerged from the shadows.

"Hiya, kitten," Moriarty winked at Darcy.

"Jim," she smirked, stepping away from Ra's and kissing Jim on the cheek. "So glad you could join the party."

"Wouldn't think of missing it!"

Ghul looked around in a bit of a panic. His eyes scanning everyone. Finally, he raised his gun to Darcy "You haven't won yet."

And he pulled the trigger. Jim yanked her out of the way and she somersaulted forward.

With that he began firing bullets and any and everyone. Darcy came up anf elbowed him in the gut, causing him to double over in pain.

Another gunshot rang.

There was a silence, that caused everyone to look at the whole group to make sure no one had taken that bullet.

Everyones gaze turned to Jonathan.

Crane looked down at his abdomen as blood flowed from the wound. Darcy shot forward, catching him as he fell.

"No, no, no, no, no, Jonathan. Stay with me," she said frantically. "Call an ambulance! Get me a first aid kit!" Edward and Bruce moved into action as Jim Moriarty kicked Ra's in the gut, pressing his own gun to his head and pulling the trigger.

Bruce held out some medical supplies and Darcy got to work. Her hands shook.

"Shit, you've lost too much blood," she cried.

Crane reached out and took her face in his hands. " "She never seemed shattered; to me, she was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles she's won." "

"Matt Baker," Darcy whispered.

Her eyes caught sight of a syringe in the kit. Jonathan's eyelids were closing and she ripped the syringe out, shoving it into her arm vein. She pulled back and blood poured into the syringe. She then pulled it out and stabbed it into his wound, pushing the blood in.

"Uh, I don't think this is a good idea," Riddler protested.

"Shut up," she hissed. "He's not dying today! And we have the same blood type."

"Dar," Jim whispered.

She repeated the same process three more times, before she quickly tossed it, and began sloppily sewing up the wound.

"There," she whispered. The room was spinning around her. "He's gonna make it."

Then she fell forward, onto his chest, her world going black.

                          × × ×

"Is this the real life."

The two criminals were pronounced dead in Gotham City hospital by morning . . .

"Is this just fantasy."

Just kidding! They blew a whole in the side of the building in order to escape.

The two stood on top of Gotham bank. Staring down at all the people, their hands intertwined.

"Caught in a landslide, no escape from reality."

"You saved me," Crane said.

"No, I merely used my known medical techniques so I didn't have to fill out paperwork."

"Open your eyes, look up to the skies and see."

Crane turned to face her and grabbed her hands.

"Darcy Santiago, I love you . . ."

"I'm just a poor boy, I need no sympathy."

She stared at him calmly. "You came back for me."

"And you risked your life for me."

"I wouldn't have died, my darling professor. I wasn't going to give you all my blood."

"Has anyone ever told you, you are extremely stubborn?" Crane smiled.

"Because I'm easy come, easy go. Little high, little low."

"Probably," she smiled. She grabbed his tie and yanked him toward her, their lips connected and a fire filled both their souls.

"Any way the wind blows. Doesn't really matter . . ."

They pulled apart and looked back down at Gotham.

"You asked me long ago what I was afraid of." He studied her expression in concern. "I used to be scared of love. Any form of it . . . but now . . ."

"Now?" he asked.

"I'm scared to lose you."

He touched her cheek lovingly. "You aren't going to lose me, my Queen."

She smiled at him.

"So," she hummed. "Shall we stay in Gotham, or venture the world?"

His eyes glided to hers. "I'll follow you anywhere. Wherever you wanna go. I'll never leave your side."

He grabbed her hand.

"Forever and always."

"to me."