1O | dr. james

I've been seeing Dr

I've been seeing Dr. James for the past few months now. He's the third therapist I've had in the last year.

When I enter his office, I'm almost blinded by the bright, green wallpaper. I asked him about it during my first session; apparently, green makes people feel tranquil. The more you know, I suppose.

I sit down on the brightly colored couch, wanting to scowl, but holding back.

"Hi Jenna, how are you?" he asks. He looks at me as if I'm a toddler.

"Fine," I reply simply.

This is how it always begins — Dr. James asks me about my day. Then, he moves on to talking about how I've been feeling lately. Slowly, the conversation somehow morphs into a topic that makes me uncomfortable, and I feel forced to talk about it.

I know that today, Dr. James is curious about what happened last night.

He tries to crack me. He asks about what I was doing that night, whether I was experiencing delusions, and even went as far as asking whether I was taking drugs; of course, he is a lot more subtle when it comes to his wording.

Denying all the allegations, I begin to feel agitated and stressed out.

About half an hour passes, and no progress is made. I can sense that Dr. James is getting tired of me at this point, but I refuse to say anything. I know that if I tell him the truth, he'll think I'm crazy, and send me to the mental asylum or something.

"Look, Jenna. I want to help you, but I can't do that if you don't tell me what's been happening."

Suddenly, I notice something flash in the mirror.

Rubbing my eyes, I see Rosalanea's figure appear. She only spares me a glance, smiles mischievously, and then disappears once more. I find myself wondering if she was really there, or whether it was a figment of my imagination.

What is Rosalanea doing here?

After her sudden and short-lived apperance, I was unable to concentrate. Mr. James, taking note of me being distracted, decides to abruptly end the session early.

I feel ecstatic after I leave his room, wondering if Rosalanea heard my silent wish, and is going to do something to cancel my sessions from this point on.

Since it's getting close to the holidays, my parents are both at home. I know that I can't visit the Other World until Christmas is over; they're already suspicious of my whereabouts.

I'm sure that Rosalanea will know why I can't meet her — she is my guardian angel, after all.

Sitting in front of the fireplace, I drink hot chocolate while staring at a photo of me and Jake from when I was about three, and he was seven.

I sigh and put the frame back where it belongs. Right now, especially, I need him.

A knock on the living room door reaches my ears. Turning around, I see my mother with a shaken up look on her face.

"Dr. James has been murdered."

Author's Note: Sorry for not updating yesterday! I couldn't find the time =/

Anyways, we're at the intermission of the book! Literally only 10-12 chapters are left!

This book has reached #117 in Horror as of 26th December, 2016! Thank you guys so much! =) stay awesome~

Xoxo,
Jay-spell