14 | after christmas

London ; December 26th, 2016

I stand in front of the mirror, in wait for the clock to strike 6-o'clock

I stand in front of the mirror, in wait for the clock to strike 6-o'clock. Taking in a deep breath, I tap my foot on the wooden floor, trying to manage my nerves.

Tick tock, tick tock. Anxiously, I wait for another few minutes. I don't want to see Rosalanea, especially after her appearance in our house the other day — she's watching me, and that fact finally registers in my head.

I know she's not happy with the recent bonding with my parents. During the few hours we spent together, I constantly complained about them, and now, suddenly I loved them again.

By the look on her face from the other day, I know that she felt betrayal.

I do not want to get on her bad side.

Suddenly, the clock hits 6-o'clock, and I feel a slight gust of air hit me in the face. I freeze for a moment, then take a deep breath and step inside.

"Jenna."

Her face is devoid of all emotions. Her gaze is unwavering, as she stares at me with dark pupils, piercing into my soul. I gulp. "Hello, Rosalanea," I greet, calmly, but I know she can see right through my tranquil facade.

She's leaning against a tree near her cottage, simply staring at me. I fidget uncomfortably; I feel as if there's less sunshine in the Other World all of a sudden.

"How was your Christmas?" I ask, voice squeaking.

"Lonely." Her words are cold, and suddenly, I feel guilty. I've been realizing how isolating the Other World can be — being alone is not a good way to spend Christmas.

I should have been here with her. She's always there for me.

I betrayed her, and I know it.

"I'm sorry..." I mumble, looking away. Not being able to find the strength within to gaze into her eyes, I simply stare at the ground.

Rosalanea sighs, "I'm glad you realized your mistake, and the fact that you were wrong."

My head snaps upwards, and I raise my eyebrows. She's really straight-forward all of a sudden, and not to mention, extremely blunt.

Rosalanea smiles. I begin to feel comfortable once again when she smile, however it doesn't feel the way it did before. It feels forced.

Humming, she spins around and begins to walk in the direction of the cottage. I fall in step with her silently.

"So, have you decided upon another wish."

I nodded. "Yeah, the new iPhone just got released!" I say enthusiastically. "I've been dying to get it before Chase and Blai—" I cut myself off.

Chase and Blair are no longer your friends, I remind myself, frowning.

"—I mean, before most people."

I look at Rosalanea, only to see her lips curved into a deep frown. However, she quickly smiles. "It'll be there, on your desk, in the morning!"

I force a smile.

A/n: So sorry for the late update! I've been offline lately because I've been going through some stuff.

Thank you so much for 1K+ AND bringing this book to #85 in Horror! It really means so much you have no idea how grateful I am for such awesome readers!

Until the next update! =D

Xoxo,
Jay-spell~