Chapter 2: A Better Mousetrap

It took us a whole entire day and a half to fix up our new home. Despite many complaints, we had managed to work out a system in the end. Even though it has been a while since those robots attacked, I still can't help but think that it wasn't the end of them. I didn't have any idea how right I was, yet I should have.

I had just finished organizing my new room and I couldn't be happier to have it. Honestly, if you were in my position of living with boys and having to share a room with the same brothers, then you would be glad to have your own little space to customize yourself. A mattress was in one corner and there was a desk not too far from the entryway. I had a shelf placed right beside my desk. I had a few books, but there is something missing from the small shelf. Hmm, perhaps, I'll figure it out later.

Step by step, I walk out of the room. I turn around for a moment, expecting for the room to disappear or for Mikey to be nosy like he is. Speaking of my brothers, there they are. Donnie and Mikey were suggesting names for our new home. I chuckled at their attempts and watch as our rat father intervened before an argument could begin. "We will call this place 'home'." I hear his voice echo. "Hmm, catchy." Don nodded at Mikey's reply. "Now, what is keeping Leonardo and Raphael?" The gray rat asked them. "They just went to get the last of our stuff from the old lair," Mikey answered, picking up some pipes. "And with the way the new sewer slider is performing, they should be back any minute now," Don added.

I had climbed down to their level at this point and went to the genius who was messing with that robot. "You know, even with it offline, I still feel like it would just jump up and bite my tail." Splinter joined in with us. "Yes, Isabella. I agree that even though it is inactive, that thing still makes me uneasy, Donatello." He pointed at the robot. Donatello looked to us, "I highly doubt that would happen, sis. Besides, this is state-of-the-art robotics, Sensei. Brilliant work. I just gotta know what makes it tick." *Sigh* Good old Donnie. You can't ever take this turtle away from technology. I thought and smiled.

Just in time, the sewer slider flew in, holding our possessions and our brothers, Leo and Raph. "Hey! Good news, Mikey. Your DVD collection survived." Leo said, spinning the box around his finger before tossing it to Mikey. "Awesome! Let's throw in something light on story and heavy on gore-y." Mikey grinned holding the collection in one hand and the remote in the other. "Cause the video monolith is ready to rock and roll." He turned all the TV screens on. The screens turned to the news. It began explaining about Stocktronics and its new invention. We gasped once they revealed that same robot which destroyed our old home. It was called the Stocktronic Mouser. Our expressions consisted of shock and anger.

"I can't believe that the famous Baxter Stockman would try to pass off these killer robots as a good thing," Donnie said, holding the head in his hand. Mikey grabbed it out of his hand. "And what's up with those glasses?" Mikey asked before putting the head on his hand and moving it like a puppet. "Dork city." Raph had growled and ran up the screens before stabbing at one. "I say we head over to Stocktronics and kick some serious shell." Just as he was about to run out the door, our rat father had stopped him in his tracks by standing in the way. "Absolutely not." He said before hitting his head with his walking stick. "Your last venture to the surface was a disaster. You can ill afford to be seen by more humans." He explained.

My attention went back to the television, though I wished I hadn't. A red-haired woman released multiple rats into the maze and the Mouser had chased after each and every one of them before scooping them up and swallowing them whole like a mechanical serpent with legs. I looked away before it could get to the last few rats. I shivered while trying to ignore their desperate cries and the crunching of their fragile skeletons. "Man, I sure hate to be a rat in this town." I hear Mikey comment. I cleared my throat and motioned my head towards Splinter. "Oh, sorry, sensei."