Chapter 9: Guilty Strikes

'These enemies that we've faced have shown no mercy. But then again, I had to give some thought. The ninjas don't seem like they work on their own accord. The Purple Dragon gangsters are a little too dimwitted to work things out by themselves. They might be just like the robot and that mutant. How? They were probably doing what they were told to do. Why do I get the feeling like some of them didn't want to do what they had to?'

It had been a while since I came back to the board. The pins were holding up pictures and notes went with them. I basically have been going back to the laboratory to collect the abandoned notes. My family didn't like how I went there so willingly, but I just have to know if it could give me clues to my history. I really wanted to know. They already know of their history so what do they know about how I feel. 'It's just so frustrating.' I thought to myself. I could feel a dull, nagging yet persistent pain in my head and winced at it.

I've been getting these headaches ever since I had that vision. 'They did this to us.' I could still hear their voices. They never left my mind. I could still see the injured mutant, but he was holding the spot where I had sent my kusarigama in him and he bled out. Then there was the rodent woman. She looked so weak, so frail, and in need of help. I really do want to help, but what can I do? 'Find us.' Their voices echoed. I shook my head and looked back to the notes I collected. There were bits and pieces of information from some big project. I couldn't get myself to understand it. Every time I tried to understand it, my head began hurting.

I sighed and got up for a single moment, beginning to move ahead. I was only greeted with the temporary blindness. Dots and blackness filled my vision. My hand was out in front of me but I ended up hitting a wall. "Ow.." The small headache I had earlier ended up turning into a throbbing one on. I could only hold my head in my hands, falling back into my seat and curling up with my head between my legs. It hurt so much.. so much.. I just want to... to. "Bella?" I hear a voice say and looked up. "Are you alright?" Donnie asked in a tone of worry. "Yeah, I'm fine." I would nod along with my answer but my head was hurting at the moment.

He just sighed and shook his head. My brothers hated it when I lied and Donnie was no exception. "You should come down sometime soon. Master Splinter is having us train in a few minutes." He spoke. I nodded at that and sighed. "Alright." He nodded back and left. I looked around my room, pushing the cork board back from any further viewing. I know Don probably caught a glance at it but.. I just want to make sure of some things before I say anything about what I found, you know? I sighed and set my eyes on my weapon. The kusarigama was treated well as far as keeping it... clean goes. In all honesty, I-...

I gave up my trail of thoughts and just grabbed the handle, trying to ignore the memories of what happened merely weeks ago. I needed to get to Master Splinter and train like always. It'll be normal. 'I mean it's as normal as it can get with my family, right?' I thought and made a small smile, leaving the room and closing the curtains behind me. The others were getting themselves ready and Leo was already with Master Splinter on the training pads. 'Always the first to Splinter.' I thought and rolled my eyes.

Raph was next and he looked like he was ready to pull his sai out of its holder to start. 'Of course he's ready to fight.' I sigh, walking a little slower. Apparently I must be walking too slow because Mikey climbed up to see me. "Whoa. Kinda slow today, aren't you Bella? You doing alright?" He asked. I didn't bother answering. I mean, why should I? I've probably spewed enough lies for the past few weeks. At least, I tried telling them half-truths. Mikey pouted at my silence but followed after me down the stairs and to the training space anyways. 'I'm getting the feeling that something's gonna happen.' I think to myself.

"Attack me, my students." I barely heard what Master Splinter says, but it is only a few moments before we all get into position. Raphael went ahead first, looking rather impatient. He swung his sais at Splinter, who was quick to react by dodging before using his tail to slip him up. He scolded him right as Mikey tried to tackle him. Splinter jumped up in time, letting Mike take Raph down instead. "Ow!" The hotheaded turtle yelled, "Mikey!" Don went in with his staff at the ready. He tried to land a hit on Splinter but he blocked with his walking stick. Leonardo came in and attacked as well but it didn't take long for the master to take down his student.