Chapter 12: The Shredder Strikes Part 1

'Well, we know nothing of the garbageman ever since that day. For some reason I feel like I've seen his kind of looks and behavior before.. Not like from the past mind you, but like he's related to someone I've seen recently. I can't really place it but it's kinda disturbing to think about. Anyways, my brothers might have saved me from drowning but my nightmares and flashbacks have worsened. That clawed symbol keeps coming up and I keep seeing the white rat mutant reaching for me. Only one other thing changed in my nightmares. Instead of her exhausted expression, she sobs with her hands on her face.'

My journal entry didn't really end on a good note. Of course it doesn't help that I wasn't too excited about this part of day either. The sound of metal clanking against metal interrupted my thoughts. Yep. Today was weapon's practice. Raph gave a yell and kicked Leo away who yelled back but had to block Donnie's swing.

"You know what I like best about weapons practice? The weapons." Raph smirked and posed with his sai. Yeah. I'd like it too if I hadn't harmed anyone with my weapons. Mikey charged at him from behind, jumping over and wrapping his nunchaku chain around a sai, before swinging him over his head and letting Raph fly across the room. "Too bad you're stuck with those lame toothpicks and not a real weapon like the nunchucks." Donnie acted fast and swung his staff underneath Mikey's feet, making him trip and fall back. He slid across the floor with his shell saving him, but flipped back up on to his feet. "Sorry Mikey, but the bo staff is where it's at." He stood before him, spinning the staff in his hand.

I dropped the Kama part of my kusarigama and swung my chain at his staff, wrapping it around until the weighted end hit the wooden staff. Donnie gasped and I pulled it away from him. He lost his grip in his surprise and I caught it. "It doesn't matter the weapon. It just matters who's behind it." I spoke in turn. "Aww, come on sis. This used to be your favorite part of training." Mikey replies but I think he knows what I mean. Yeah... used to.

Leo smiles. "Boys and sis, Put away the toys." He unsheathed his other katana and I tossed the bo staff back at Donnie after unwrapped my chain from it. "Hi-yah!" He jumped at us. "Double katana is the only way to play!" He slashed at us one by one. Donnie fell first, then Mikey. Raph leaped above Leo, coming down on him with his sais but even then Leo swung his swords at him and make Raph fall back.

I was the only one left standing. I took stance and pulled my Kama off the floor before getting the handle in my hand. Leo can defend himself. I think to myself. This really wasn't the first time either of us stood standing like this. He had an overconfident look on his face. I know this look. I took stance and readied my own weapon. I jumped right at him and land before him, swinging down the Kama part of my kusarigama. He blocked with his double katana and he made me stumble, swinging one of his blades at me. I ducked and swung my chain, wrapping around the passing blade.

I went to pull it out of his hand, instead he kept a hold and swung his other sword at me. I blocked in time but not without getting knocked down. A yelp escaped me and I glared up at him. "What did I tell you?" Leo asked with a grin. "Double katana? Pretty sweet, huh?" I let out a frustrated sigh, rolling my eyes at him. "Nice one, Leo." Donnie groaned. Raph sat up with a growl. "Lucky." Mikey whined out, "Not so lucky for my tail. It just got kicked."

Leo just kept his grin as he looked at his swords. I look over and see our rat teacher come in. "Well fought, Leonardo." We all stood up in attention. "Thank you, Sensei." He bowed. "You have won, but do you know why?" Splinter asked. "Well," Leo began. "I have the superior weapons. I read where swords master Musashi said the katana blade holds the soul of steel and is the truest guide to the warrior's way which is kinda how I feel." He smiled.

"Many things are said, but few are true." Splinter pointed out. "Huh?" A dumbfounded looked arrived on Leo's face. "Master Splinter's got that look," Raph whispered. "I think somebody's gonna get it." Donnie grinned. I nodded and gave a small smirk. Mikey chuckled, trying to muffle it with his hand, but it didn't work out very well for him. Splinter turned to us in the line. "Michelangelo!" The turtle gasped. "Do you think I am funny?" Splinter asked in a serious tone.