Chapter 8: The Way of Invisibility

That symbol was really getting to me. It kept bothering me just as much as I'm bothered by the mutant's disappearance. And that sword.. I hate it. It's giving off this evil aura like it's done some damage in its history. It shouldn't be messing with me so much but... I just hate how these events happen. I don't think it's a coincidence. It can't be a coincidence.

Master Splinter had lit the last candle, before blowing the other flame out. "My children, tonight, our training shall focus on combining two essential disciplines, the way of balance," he clapped, turning off the lights before finishing, "and the way of invisibility." Mikey and Don crouched down on the bamboo sticks. "Dude, you put in a clapper." Mikey said to Don rather loudly. Splinter responded by slapping his hand with the walking stick. "Ow," Mike rubbed his hand. "Michelangelo, the way of invisibility also includes the way of silence. I suggest you employ both if you wish to avoid my walking stick." He scolded before jumping around on the bamboo sticks.

Splinter went to Leo and swung at him. The turtle only flipped, dodging the walking stick but almost ending up in a split. Oh that would've been painful. I thought. Donnie leaped and tried to land a kick, but our master merely ducked beneath him. The genius turtle had landed on another bamboo stick. I heard the familiar footsteps of our teacher and dodged the attack, going on another bamboo and spinning on it. Honestly I don't mean to brag, but I probably have more balance than these guys. It's probably because of my tail, so that's kinda unfair for them.

Just then, I felt someone coming towards me and almost knock me off. I jumped to another stick immediately and almost slipped off. I looked and saw Raphael ran across the bamboo sticks. "Really big bro?" I huffed at him. "Sorry lil' sis. Kinda busy." He said before jumping, going in for an attack but Splinter had already leaned back. Suddenly someone clapped and the lights went on. "Peek a boo, I see you." Mikey joked. Splinter swung his walking stick at him but Mikey grabbed it. The Sensei just yanked it back, causing the jokester turtle to lose his balance. He fell off his stick but grabbed onto it before he completely fell off.

"Hey, don't I at least get points for creativity?" Mikey asked. Splinter hopped to another stick and lectured, "A creative mind must be balanced by a disciplined body." He clapped, turning the lights off again, "We must learn stillness and alertness for they are the only defense against the unexpected." I nodded, hearing the door open and a figure walk in blindly. "Hey guys." He called out before accidentally walking into the bamboo sticks. "Well, gotta go." I quickly said, hopping across the sticks. Unfortunately I still ended up getting knocked over and got pinned by a large figure. I looked up to see the familiar shape. The turtle above me groaned and looked down to me before quickly getting up. Leo helped me up and we both went to Splinter, who pinned the man.

"Master Splinter, no!" Leo yelled. "He's okay!" Mikey clapped, making the lights turn on. "Sensei, this is Casey. The nutca- uh, the guy we told you about." Donnie explained. "You remember? The igilante-ve." Mikey said. Raph stepped in, "We figured it'd be okay to give 'im access to the lair. Y'know, for emergencies and stuff." Splinter looked apologetic and got off of the masked man. He lowered his head. "Please forgive my rash action." Donnie and Mikey helped Casey up while the long haired man got his mask off and answered, "No problemo."

Splinter glared and still held his stick up to him threatening. "Although next time, you would be wise the ancient Japanese proverb: phone first." He left and began picking up the training equipment. "Whoa! Raph, your crib's even more awesome than you said." He commented, walking around and kicking a bamboo stick to the side. Splinter shook his head at him. "You didn't come all the down here for the nick of tour." Raph said as my four brothers approached him. "What's the four-one-one street side?" He asked. "Graffiti. It's everywhere. All over town."  Casey answered simply.