Chapter 11: Garbageman

'Well, it's good to know that they all still care about me, really. It makes me feel a little better. Mikey's been making me laugh a little more, Leo's helping me with meditation, Donnie is kinda in his own world of machines but I do try to help as much as I can, Raph is just a big teddy bear who thinks is all tough and hard, but he's secretly soft, and I've kinda been having tea time with Splinter more often. He may say that he's just a boring, old rat but really he seems to appreciate the company very much. At least I think so... Now the only problems I have are the visions of the lab and that red clawed symbol. I can tell that Splinter is troubled by it too, but he won't tell us why. Maybe one day he'll tell us soon and maybe one day I'll put the pieces of my visions together.'

I just finished writing down the words into my journal and I set the pen down. I need to get a new pen soon. I'm slowly running out of ink. "Yo Bella!" I hear Mikey yell. 'Oh boy. Here he is.' I thought, smiling to myself and going out of my room to look down at them. "Yeah?" I yell back. "The bros and I are going to the dump to see the guys and grab a few things. Wanna come?" He grinned at me, looking excited about the idea. If I turned him down, they would insist on me coming along and I would end up leaving with them anyway. Besides, Splinter still thinks I need the fresh air, so- "I kinda have no choice, Mikey. You guys would drag me out of here." I reply, finally climbing down to them.

Mikey just shrugged. "Hey. It's still nice to ask." He smiled, "Saves time to ask than to force you out of here too." I nodded at that. "Good point." The others were already at the elevator and Mikey and I were quick to enter with them. "Take us up, Don!" He yelled, pointing up. Donnie kinda smiled and the doors shut before the mystical elevator went up to the surface into the warehouse where the Battle Shell was waiting. "Come on! Let's go! Let's go!" Mikey jumped into the Battle Shell. "He seems awfully excited." I said. "That's because he gets to shred some surface terrain." Leo replied. 'Ah now that makes sense.' "Yeah. And I can't wait to show you my moves, Bell." Mike chuckled.

Donnie went to the driver seat and I called shotgun, jumping into the front seat before Leo could claim it. "Well, hang on, Mikey. Let us at least get to our destination first." Don pointed out, starting the vehicle. "Oh fine~" Mikey groaned and so Donnie drove us out of the warehouse and down the streets, heading to our destination.

-

"Alright! Green mean and totally extreme!" Mikey screamed, skating through us. "Booyah!" He grinned as we watched him skate away from us. "Ugh," Raph stuck his tongue out in disgust, pulling his hand up with red slime dripping from it. "Hey Don, you don't want something that's so gross you don't want to touch it, right?" He shook his hand, getting the slime off him. Don looked up to him. "If it's gonna improve the lair, we can use it." Yeah. My brothers and I were looking for supplies for our home. And then there's Mikey. "Wa-hoo!" He cheered in the background, skating behind us over another pile.

"Why isn't Mikey helpin'? It's not fair." Raph pouted, crossing his arms. "Big bro, would you rather have Mikey happy or Mikey bored?" I pointed out while Mikey just rode by with a big grin. Raph sighed in defeat. "Right." We finished off our scavenger hunt while Mike skidded to a stop before he could collide into the group of people. Now I know what you're thinking? How are we interacting with these humans without any disguises? Well these people were homeless and it looked like we mutants were the only ones who cared about them. It's only been a few days since we met them, they were the few people who didn't care about what we were and they were just so nice to us.

"Hey. Thanks for the shopping cart, guys." Donnie smiles to them. "Hope you found some useful items amid the refuse, my green amphibious friends and my young reptilian lady." An African-American elderly man stood up. Donnie nodded, "Sure did, Professor." That was the name he told us. It seemed odd but he actually fit it well. "Them people in the big turtle and lizard suits are back." "Yep." "Ever wonder why they dress up like that?" "Nope." Two people behind the Professor spoke to each other while one of them poked at the fire. They think were in costume but I think the Professor knows better.