Part 8: The 'A' Word

"I'm not sure what it means. I guess I'm special in a way," Korra sighed. Asami put a hand on Korra's, and she just now looked over herself. She had cuts on her wrists and ankles where she was tied or chained, medical tape around her stomach. Wait, what? She put her free hand on her own stomach. Or tried. Asami stopped her before she could, putting her forehead on Korra's head.

"Don't," Asami sighed. "It's a bullet wound. You got shot before I could reach you. I'm so sorry," she whimpered, a tear slipping from her eye.

"Don't cry. It's my fault. If I had never-"

"Don't you dare say that it's your fault."

"But it's not your fault. It must be-"

"It's not yours either," Asami said. "It's my dads."

"Careful. He's still my boss," Korra chuckled, looking at her.

"So am I........" Asami thought to herself for a moment. "Cmon. We're getting you out of here," she said, getting out from behind Korra and walking to the monitors by her bed.

"M-mistress, I don't think you should-"

Korra was cut off as Asami undid everything. Korra couldn't move most of her body still, the drug from before still having effects on her.

"Korra, I said I'd get you out of here. Let me do what I want," Asami commanded.

"Yes Mistress," Korra sighed, watching her.

"You were out for two weeks," Asami said out of the blue.

"Who fed you? Did anything happen while-"

"Korra I was here the whole time!" Asami said, interrupting Korra. "I never left. You had a feeding tube, and I had what servants brought to me. You.......almost died," Asami mumbled the last part.

"I would never leave you. Whatever 'Avatar' means, it's not gonna take me away from you," Korra said.

"Let's...not use that word," Asami said.

"Whatever the 'A' word is, I'm not gonna let it take me over," she said.

"I wonder how they knew that you were special in that way," Asami thought to herself. She got her phone out, looking it up. "Here. 'Avatar. Descendent of the spirit Raava, or a person who inhabits the spirit herself.' What does that mean?"

"Raava," Korra repeated, sighing. "I've heard that before," she thought to herself.

"You have?" Asami looked at her.

"In a dream or something. When I was still the knight," Korra sighed, thinking back to the lake. Maybe she could go to the lake and meditate or something.

"Korra!" Asami yelled, waving a hand in front of the tanner girls face.

Korra jumped a little, looking at her. "Oh, yeah?"

"I've been calling your name. Do you need rest or something?"

"I-I think I'm fine. Just a little... out of it," she mumbled, looking at her own leg. It was a shark, wasn't it?