Part 11: A New Day (Part One)

It had been about a week since Korra got out of the hospital. She had somehow managed to be awake the entire seven hours she had gotten to sleep without having to be by Asami's side. That being said, she was not very awake when she had to actually be by her mistresses side.

Korra stumbled a little as she went to grab the breakfast tray from the kitchen. The girl took the cart with whatever Asami was eating for the day, made it to the elevator, and almost fell asleep on the way up. When the small ding from the elevator signaled the end of her ride up to the second story of the home, Korra sprung alert. She wheeled the food out of the now open doors, towards Asami's room, and gently knocked on the door. She waited the allotted fifteen seconds before she was allowed to open the door without the command to. She then waited another four before actually entering the room.

Wheeling the cart in, Korra spotted that Asami was still very asleep in her bed. The girl sighed, abandoning the cart of food to open the curtains to Asami's very fancy windows. The light flooded in, and Korra turned around in time to see Asami awake and kicking over the food that her and Bolin made the night before. Korra stiffened as the metal clanged to the floor, and she looked at Asami.

"I'm..... going to have to clean that up," Korra mumbled, mainly to herself. She watched as Asami walked over to her, and Korra smiled gently at her. "That's okay, though. I thought your were asleep, Asam-!"

Korra flinched and let out a small grunt as Asami's hand lifted, and slapped her across the face. This is..... new.

"Alright...." Korra sighed, standing up straight.

"You were going to call me 'Asami'," Asami said, her eyes narrowed.

"Yes... that's your name-!"

Another slap. "You're on the clock, Korra," Asami said, her body nearly pressed against Korra's.

"Ah. Yes, Mistress," Korra said, less..... invigorated than before.

Asami nodded and stepped back, moving to sit down on the edge of her bed. "What's on the schedule for today?"

"Four meetings throughout the day, as well as a requested presence at the opening of a new mall, Mistress," Korra started, walking to the now ruined breakfast and juice on the floor. Korra could've swore she saw Asami's face soften as she knelt to clean up what she could of the food and drink, but it hardened again as Korra stood. "One meeting with the mayor at 10:45 am, one meeting with Wrench Supply Company at 12:30, and two meetings with the public at 3:00 pm and 8:30 pm," Korra explained.

"What time is the new mall opening?"

"1:15 pm, Mistress," Korra answered, moving towards Asami's closet and pulling out the clothes that they decided on the day before.

"Alright," Asami stood, and started to undress.

This happened a lot for Korra. Often, the girl would just kinda stand there before Asami blushed and told her to just get her the clothes, but the random bit of seriousness from Asami caused all of that to jump out the window. Korra turned and helped Asami get dressed quickly, and let her out of the room without walking through the mess of the ground.

They walked down the single flight of stairs to the main entrance of Asami's house, and with Korra in tow, they walked to a limousine. Mako was there, and Korra remembered that most days, he was Asami's protector. The girl bowed to Mako, who nodded to her back. The prick.

"Korra, clean up the mess in my room, and don't forget to take your medicine," Asami said before getting into the limo.

Korra, practically smiling from the form of care that Asami had only shown to her now, nodded and bowed. "Yes, Mistress," she said, watching as the vehicle drove away.

Korra turned back to the mansion and walked in, almost immediately going to her own room. She took four painkillers, drank some water, and cleaned up the mess in Asami's room. This all look about half an hour, and eventually, Korra went down to help Bolin with Asami's dinner.

Bolin smiled as Korra walked in. "How was her breakfast?"

Korra thought for a moment. She wasn't allowed to lie to Asami. Bolin? She was allowed to lie to him. "She loved it!" She said with a small chuckle, giving the man a small salute.

"We should do something special for her dinner," Bolin said, humming happily.

"You're right! She's done so much for us!" Korra said back, fake enthusiasm already making her want to stop.

So, off they went. They decided to try and make homemade American Chinese food, and so they did. It took up most of the day, and Korra barely had time to try and run to greet Asami when she got back. Asami was late getting back, but it didn't bother Korra since her injuries made her late getting to the garage to walk Asami in. She still arrived before Asami got there, but by mere minutes.

The same limousine that drove Asami to work drove her back, and the woman stepped out of it wordlessly. Korra bowed to Asami, who simply walked past Korra and into the mansion. Standing up straight, Korra turned and followed her Mistress. She almost immediately walked to the dining room and sat down, and Bolin presented her with her dinner.

"Korra," Asami said after four minutes.

"Yes, Mistress?"

"I need to ask you something about the night with the scientists," Asami said, looking up at Korra.

"Yes, Mistress," Korra responded, but grew slightly worried. She didn't remember much from that night.

"Was there anyone you saw during your perimeter check the morning of the incident?"

"No, Mistress," Korra said, her leg aching from the attack from the 'shark', and her abdomen and limbs aching from everything else that happened that day.

"Then what's this?!" Asami shouted, standing and slapping a magazine on the table.

After flinching from the outburst, Korra stepped forwards to get a better look at the magazine. On it was a picture of the two of them, Asami over a nearly dead Korra in the Sato Mansion. "Mistress, I'm not sure," Korra said, stepping back as Asami stood.

"Throughout the entire magazine is pictures of us! At the lake, at the hospital, in my own room!" Asami shouted, picking up the magazine and flipping through it.

Korra nodded, stepping back as Asami stepped forwards. Asami took another step, as did Korra.

"This is a security issue, and you don't know how it happened! It's been going on for weeks now!" Asami yelled, looking through pictures of them in the magazine.

"Mistress, I assure you that I will work tirelessly to find this person," Korra said, flinching as her back hit a wall. She watched as Asami got closer.

"Korra..." Asami sighed, flipping to a seemingly random page. "What is this?" She asked, showing three consecutive pictures to Korra. It was of her, in her own room. She had the pill bottle in her hands. Of her taking multiple pills.

Korra looked to Asami, who now had tears streaming down her face. "Mistress.... I-,"

"Nothing," Asami said, her body shaking very slightly. "Korra, are you abusing your medication?"