Sherlock: #1

Pairing: Sherlock Holmes x Reader
Warnings: None

You dug through your purse, gulping as you couldn't find your wallet.

"Oh-um, sir? I can't seem to find my wallet. Do you have a number I could call and pay later?"

The cabbie hit the breaks and turned around to glare at you. "No money, no ride! Get out of my cab!"

You looked out the window where it was currently pouring rain and then back to the furious cabbie.

"But...it's raining. I can pay later I swear!"

"OUT!"

You barely managed to step out of the car before he sped off, leaving you and your suitcase on the side of the street.

"Oh yeah? Well your wife's cheating on you!" You yelled at his retreating cab.

You wrapped your arms around yourself, shivering. You were still miles from your hotel and the thought of walking in the rain made you want to scream.

"That was quite rude."

You perked up at the sudden voice. You turned around and looked up. Standing in a flat behind you, a man was standing in an open window. "Not at all the proper way to treat a cabbie."

"He kicked me out into the rain."

"You accused his wife of cheating," he shot back.

"She was. I'm sure he'll catch them in the act eventually." You set down on your suitcase, sitting on it with a sigh. There was no point in trying to hide from the rain, you were already soaked to the bone.

The man in the window paused for a second, "How do you know? That his wife was cheating?"

"It's quite simple really , most people would overlook it."

"Well go on," he urged.

You looked back up at him incredulously. "I'm not about to go explaining myself while I sit in this rubbish weather. I've got a hotel to start walking to."

"Hotel? You've got an English accent."

This man couldn't seem to let you go without an explanation.

"Dear stranger, not everyone has got a place to stay or people to stay with. So a hotel for now."

With a groan you stood again and picked up your wet suitcase. You had only made it one step down the street when the man disappeared from the window and a door was opening on the street level.

"Do come in, would you? I'll make us some tea while you tell me all about the cabbies cheating wife."

The man opened his door wide and you could feel the warmth from the flat seeping into the brisk outside air. It was calling your name.

"I suppose a cup of tea wouldn't hurt. My explanation will cost you a biscuit too." You pulled your suitcase towards the man and his open invitation.

"Deal. The name is Sherlock Holmes. Welcome to 221B Baker Street."